Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Proclamation

*Note: I posted a thing about the Proclamation to the Family here....but apparently the Internet didn't want to post that topic. Just noticed this lacking, but lack the time to fix it now. Will fix at a later date! :)

*later date May 1st*
Okay....sooo I've been waiting for forever to have enough time to finish this post..and make it better.
but what I had in mind....wasn't working and I didn't want to leave you hanging for forever. :)
When I made this post earlier I'd gone to a concert that celebrated the family.
and they used the Proclamation to the Family as a base line for their songs.
Well...I'd done a post about this proclamation...but it apparently disappeared.
So I'm going to take a different tact.

During the concert one of the guys sang the song "Cats in the Cradle"
And I decided that....it was a rather sad song...
So I wanted to do something more cheerful.
I had planned to just do my own rendition of the song.
From the mother's point of view.
But as I was working it over....
The idea began to shift in my head to a different one.
Where the focus was more on a solider.
More specifically a warrior.
Even more specifically a warrior from the 2,000 stripling warriors who fought in the Book of Mormon for their father's because they're fathers had made a covenant not to pick up their swords to fight.

I really want to make a song...celebrating the 2,000 and their courage in fighting the war.
In believing in the teachings that their mother's had taught them.
How they had faith in the Lord that they would be able to fight and do well
And celebrating how they all came back alive from the battle.

My only problem is....Cats in the Cradle is only four verses long...
and this whole idea...I think will take more then four verses.
So I'm back to the drawing board.
Perhaps I'll just keep singing more verses lol.
Nobody  said I had to stick with the four verses :D
Anyway....
making the song be a celebration of the 2,000 came to mind because well...
The story of the 2,000 stripling warriors has always been my favorite from the book of Mormon.
Perhaps once I finish writing the verses and figuring out the story line for it...
You will too :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves!
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


The Dream


There was a girl, in a typical movie rental store like Hollywood Connection or Blockbuster. And she was in trouble. She was running from ghosts, being terrorized by them.
She appeared before me banging on the glass window/doors begging to be saved.
As a demon like hand appeared through a black rift hole behind her trying to grab her.
A boy was suddenly there. Dark haired and desperate he was trying to rescue the girl.
Clawing at the windows -though now it was like there was a force field that pushed the boundary of the building a couple of yards away so that no matter how hard he clawed (and his hands became black and clawed shaped) at the boundary it stretched like plastic,  but didn't move.
He jumped/flew from place to place on the roof, to other areas of the boundary trying to get in to no avail.
Finally the girl took things into her own hands.
She found the DVD that had been misplaced and caused the problem of ghosts haunting her
and placed it back into case, that contained multiple DVDs of different horror movies through the ages.
I got the impression that taking a DVD out of the case would cause a different ghost/horror situation to happen.
Anyway she placed the DVD into the case and put it into the drop box inside the store.
Satisfied now that her problems were over.
I began searching for other movies to check out.
I ended up with a stack of six or seven movies and I was getting ready to go check them out.
When my parents came up to me and told me that I couldn't check all those books out.
So I went back to the bookstore section of the movie store and started putting back the
Hardy Boy and Nancy Drew books I had picked up.
So I put them back....and organized them in reverse order.
So that the numbers on the spine read 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.
When I reached book one, I had to add in a big chunk of pages into the book.
Basically I stuffed them inside. The spine was kinda curved because of it.
Basically it became a 800-1000 page book from a 500 page book.
Because some of the story had been missing.


And then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment