Thursday, April 21, 2011

You-Esteem

Today in my institute class.
We had a discussion...or whether the teacher gave a lesson
On Self-Esteem.

Basically, from my understanding, its pointless to have self-esteem.
Because you are just focusing on
Yourself.
And from my experience.
Focusing too much on something....ends up being a bad thing.
Too much of a 'good thing' can become a 'bad thing'
And I think that society today
Tends to focus too much on the idea of self-esteem.
How do I feel about myself?
Do I like myself?
Do I think others like me?
How do I think others feel about me?
Is there anything I would change about myself.
Do I think I look good in the mirror?

If you notice....all those questions involve the concept of 'I'
Waaay too much focus on I instead of U

I think its good to have a healthy perspective of yourself.
See what you're good at,
see what you need to improve on,
see what might need to be changed.

But focusing too much on the 'bad' or the 'good'
....well it isn't good.

I feel that we should move away from the concept of "I" and this self-esteem issue.
We feel the way we feel because we feel it.
Instead, we should focus on helping others to have a better day.
By focusing on others, doing service for them.
We end up helping ourselves in feeling awesome for helping to serve.
And helping others to feel loved, noticed, appreciated.
By focusing on others we can make everyone happy.
If you just focus on yourself and your wants and needs....well....
You could say that you're happy...but,
I really doubt that even you are happy in the end after focusing on just yourself.

So, forget the self-esteem. And focus on the you-esteem.
How high is your you-esteem?
Do you feel like you can serve others more?
Are you concerned with others problems?
Are you willing to put a hold on your busy schedule long enough to make sure someone else is okay?

I bet if we were more willing to focus on the yous around us. Instead of the Me right here.
Everyday we will find a bright spot in our lives.
Because we helped others.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I had a....opening theme song type of dream.
Where there was a concept of me being in my house.
And I'd just spilled some chili onto the carpet.
And I was getting ready to clean it up.
When a small creature robot thing appeared.

And this kind of TV show episode
Continued showing a progression of how I became dependent on this creature
and then started fighting against it.
And the creature didn't like that.
But I was going to win.
And not let it keep me from doing what I wanted to do.

And then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment