Friday, April 1, 2011

They're Modern Too

Today during the Institute Devotional at my school.
One of the speakers showed a series of pictures
of people and family from around the world...well the Europe/Asia area.
And it just struck me.
How similar it is.
The scenery, the mountains, the forests, the fields.
Even the people.
It looked like places I'd been too before here.
Sure when pictures of the cities came up on the screen...
It did look pretty foreign.


But otherwise....it looked a lot like home.


I think its really easy to extrapolate and imagine 'foreign countries'
As these places not at all similar or I'll admit it, as modern as here where I live.
Its a silly misconception to have.
Yet I have it in my brain.
Mostly because, when I've heard of other places...
Its usually been in school.
In a history class.
Which automatically tells you....that since its history...its old...and not modern at all.


I think if I paid more attention to the news.....I would see alot of info on war....but I think I would also see more of 'modern' cities, then the less then modern ones I have stuck in my head.


But anyway. I was struck by how Modern everything was in the pictures.
And I realized.....we're basically all the same....we have the same wants and needs.....
And that I need to get my head out of the past and into the present.


Plus I need to travel around more and see that the rest of the world isn't stuck in the past just because I only learn about the world in a 'past' state.
Yah...the world is modern Sarnic and its getting more modern every day.
Just keep that note to myself in the back of my head and I won't be so surprised next time.


Until you next read words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi


The Dream


I was in my bedroom at home searching through my bottom draw, looking for shirts to pack.
I couldn't wear specific ones because They would find me.
But I just seemed to only have Christmas type shirts. Which was odd, because it was like July.
I was packing to run, to hide, to get away, to not let them find me.


And....that's about all I remember.
I had to blend in and hide or something.....


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment