Friday, April 29, 2011

DaZoo

"Wake up Potter! We're going to the Zoo!"
This is what I thought this morning when I woke up.
Because that is where I went today :)
I went to the zoo!
lol. I haven't been there in years and years and years...not since like Elementary maybe Jr.High.
And it was rather fun to see what I remembered.
And what was totally new.
It was a fun experience, but it could have been better. Many of the animals were in hiding or huddled in their little shelters because of the cold (it flaked on us as we were at the zoo)
But I got to see many of the attractions I remembered from when I was little.
The first thing I remember about the zoo in my area is the Wolf Den.
Where they have two or three wolves.
I always remember this exhibit because they usually have a White wolf and a Black wolf and a Grey wolf.
(The Wolf type is Grey Wolf)
And I thought it was so cool when I was little to see so many different colors for wolves.
(It was about the same time that my favorite colors became "Dog Colors" Black White Grey and Brown)
But it really was a matter of luck to be able to see the wolves because their 'cage' was on the side of a hill, that had trees on it...so therefore they could hide out and we wouldn't see them.
But this time I saw a couple :) Two white wolves. :)
And I while I saw many of the exhibits I remembered like the monkeys, tigers, elephants, giraffes, camels, and reptiles....
There were a couple missing. Like the Polar Bear exhibit. (Its under renovation right now...they're building it bigger and better...)
And the Hippo exhibit.
Why do I remember the Hippo exhibit?
Well..its not really for the hippos though I do remember that their 'cage' was basically a concrete pool in a building.
Its what was next to the hippo cage on display.
On the wall was a board filled with many different random items from food wrappers, to hats, to baby dolls and other different gizmos and gadgets.
These were basically items that the Hippo had eaten from people being careless around them.
(I'm not sure if it was only the hippos, or things that had been pulled from other animals as well.)
But I had desperately wanted to see it again regardless of how it got to be there.
Only.....the hippos were no where to be found....at least on the map.
Perhaps they were still in some hidden corner I didn't see in the zoo...it was rather cold to look too much for these hidden mammals.
Anyway...
Just wanted to say "I WENT TO THE ZOO!" :) lol. And I had a rather fun time...
Though I did begin to feel bad for the poor animals....locked up in their cages. Some rather small...with nothing to do besides being stared at by people....for hours on end.
I think if I had it my way each animal would have at least a fourth of an acre to roam....
Yet I do realize that much bigger space means less opportunity for people to come and gawk.
Still....I like that the zoo is working on making their property better and bigger for the animals they have now. After all..I wouldn't want to be locked up in a small room day after day with only enough room to pace.
Why should they feel any different??
Anyway...it was fun to go. :) and have flashbacks of the times previously I went.
To remember the Groundhog play area, and the eggs you could hide in and other cool attractions of days gone by. :) Overall a good experience ^^ One where I remembered why I had liked going to the zoo when I was younger. :)
I wonder why we ever stopped going....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi


The Dream


I ran into the tent, to where they were keeping the aliens.
Automatically I spotted the doctor who had been the one to look over me and had been in control of my captivity.
we had become friends over the course of my captivity and we were both happy to see each other for we hadn't seen each other in a while...perhaps years.
(The aliens kinda looked like a cross between giant humans, random alien creatures I've seen or thought of recently and kinda like the creatures from Where the Wild things Are. The changes depended on the scene)
He leaned down from where he was sitting on his containment bed and pulled the....i forget the name.
Stethoscope? from around his neck
And he placed the metal thing on my chest to hear my heart beat. (I asked him too..it was kind of the "Look I'm better now see!" type of idea)
My heart was beating fast and strongly and he smiled as he pulled away.
Then he removed the stethoscope from around his neck and gave it to me.
I didn't want it so I tried to give it back to him
But he told me he didn't need it anymore and that I should have it.
So I accepted the gift.
And then decided to set him and the five or six other aliens in the containment center free.
Which I did with the help of a couple of other workers here who thought they should be released as well.


And then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.


Extra.
-There was more to this dream. A bunch of happenings before and after.
But I can't remember them right now.
Basically the premise was I had been captured by the alien race of giant/alien type creatures, but I think they let me go or I escaped. or humans came and released me....something...wow I just covered all my bases there.
So I somehow got away from these aliens, and alot of time had passed. I think I was probably working for someone...dealing with the aliens which is how I got in when they finally captured this group. (it was like a take over of the planet) And basically I switched sides to my alien friends I had made and rebelled getting them free in a rather genius way....Not sure what I did. But the scenery was very military deserty based and they had tents and trucks and tent tunnels and the like....


and that
is why the fox never came home. :)


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment