Thursday, April 7, 2011

Reflected Colors

Have you ever worn a shirt that just seemed to....invigorate you?
Where you're like "Yes! This color shirt was exactly what I wanted to reflect today!"
or "This color makes me feel (insert word here. ex. Confident, relaxed, cheerful, at peace)"

I think we tend to do this on a minimal level everyday whenever we do get dressed.
"What do i want to wear today? How about this one!"

Yet some days...
I put on a shirt.
And I feel like I'm putting on a whole new person.
Whether I feel more confident or perhaps calm and peaceful.
Its usually a feeling that helps me get through the 'supposed to be stressful' day. :)
Somehow or another, its like the color of the shirt I chose to wear
helped me be a better person.
I looked through the world in a slightly different light.
Perhaps I smiled at more people.
Or I was able to give a speech easier,
Or I was more willing to help out someone
or volunteer for a task that usually I wouldn't volunteer to normally.

Whatever the case...it seems like more options...different options open up to me because of a certain color or type of shirt I chose to wear today. :)

I think that shirts can.....have the opposite effect as well.
"I'm wearing this shirt because I'm angry, because I don't want people to look at me, because I'm in mourning. because.....because....well you can fill in the next blank."
I do know that the way we dress does influence how people treat us.

Yet it seems much more noticeable when I wear a shirt that just.....feels right for today.
Things just seem to go well because of how I chose to dress. :)

Perhaps there is something to the idea of "You are what you wear."
;) okay i think the real thing is "you are what you eat" ....but I"m not talking about food at the moment ;)
You are what you wear, how you dress and act because of that style of dressing influences how people treat you.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream


I was on the case, trying to solve it.
I was in a truck. In farm country.
Driving with this cowboy...who I didn't entirely trust.
We stopped by a corn field.
I was supposed to be working it.
But I had been absent.
So the son of the cowboy had been working the field all day.
Dressed in an outfit I always wear.
-It looked like Michael Jackson's Thriller costume. Red jacket and pants.
The dude didn't look too similar to me.
He had darker skin and black hair in an Afro styling.
But it was similar enough to me that from far away he could pass as me.
Anyway. He wanted to come help me out.
But we had a problem...I still needed to have an 'alibi' be there working the field when I wasn't.
Soo....the man from bicentennial man. He had shiny blue/silver metallic skin. Dressed up in crazy black hair and red clothes and waved the three of us off with a big grin.


We came to another house...and start poking around.
And then....I started getting shot at.
nothing hit me.
I don't think the guns had actual bullets.
but we had a merry chase around the farm there.


Until the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.


And that
is why the fox never came home. :)


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment