Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Morning

I guess it should be expected
That since today is Easter.
That I should talk about an Easter subject. :)

More often then not over the years,
My family has celebrated Easter....well not at home.
We usually are camping at a rendezvous Easter weekend.
But that didn't mean that the Easter Bunny would miss us.
No, some of my favorite memories are waking up.
All nice and warm and snugly in our sleeping bags and sitting up to see...
presents at the bottom of the bed. ^^
I remember one year....when I was reeeeaaallly young before we started doing rendezvous
Where I had to find candy that was hidden around the house.
But for forever...the only 'hunts' I went on for Easter eggs, were put on by the rendezvous folks.
The young kids would get to find Easter eggs in the big Fort. The older kids along the side of the lake.
(I'm guessing because they figured we'd be able to swim if we fell in while fighting for our eggs of candy :P)

But the biggest thing I remember about Easter.
Is waking up to the sounds of birds calling in the trees.
Of the crisp morning air that reminds me somewhat of rain, and somewhat of the edges of winter.
Of the rain pattering on the sides of the tent.
and of course the memories i have being with my family on this day of celebration.
Spending the day huddled together when us kids weren't off screaming and playing lol :)

Easter is a holiday of being outside for me. :)
And I don't think that's a bad thing. :)
It took away the commercialization, and let us just become closer as a family

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment