Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spirit Come and Let Leave

There was an Institute Recognition tonight in my area.
For those students who had taken enough Institute classes
To receive different certificates of achievement and diplomas.
I was there to be one of those people.
But I was also asked to give the opening prayer.

And that is....a big responsibility.
Because I have decided that the opening prayer
Is a way to officially invite the spirit to come and participate in the proceedings.
I mean. The spirit could be there before the opening prayer.
Lured in by the prelude music.
But I think that the spirit is officially brought in when the opening prayer is said.

And when the closing prayer comes about.
I think that it could mean that the spirit can stick around. Or the spirit could leave because the proceedings are now over.

In either case...
The opening prayer has a bit more impact to me after tonight on how it can help out the activity that follows.

Perhaps when I'm asked to give the closing prayer for a bigger event in the future...it will also have an impact on me as well. A "Until we meet again" type of goodbye.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

(Sorry guys for not having a dream thing for the past little while. I do have dreams. But for some reason once I get vertical...the dream just drains out of my head and I can't get it back. :( Some of them have been awesome, others have been rather ordinary. Just know I have been dreaming. I just am left with vague impressions that can't be written down. :( Guess i wake up at the wrong moment to remember. :) lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment