Sunday, September 25, 2011

Leftovers

Have you ever wondered what happens to the uneaten food you throw away?

I think most people will assume that it goes to the dump, and that's all they think about it.
But whenever I throw away food...that I didn't eat...
I wonder.....will someone else be eating this?
Its an odd thought.
But it started....back in my first year of college...when i went to the circus by myself.
I tend to have a creative mind, so I see things and then decide if that would make a good story or not.
At the circus...
I had the thought of a homeless person surviving off of cotton candy and popcorn from the circus, digging out the unused/uneaten parts from the garbage.
The thought has stuck in my head since then.
And usually resurfaces briefly whenever I throw away uneaten food.
Could it be possible that this food, that I've deemed unedible.
Be a delicious treat for a person barely surviving off of scraps?

That there are people out there, who will take the time and risk getting seriously sick, by eating food other people have thrown away.

I'm sure there are...
Yet...does it happen here, where I live?
I do not know.
Still I wonder....
Still I think
"I hope this tastes good to whatever eats it next."

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

My sister and I were heading to Hogwarts. We needed to get to the Hogwarts express.
But first we had to get our pets. An owl, toad, cat.....
I had an owl...but I saw a sign for a pet store...and I really wanted to get a cat.
So I went inside to see if they would exchange animals.
There were alot of cats inside.
Kikay and I went a bit gaga because of all the different animals.
I ended up making my way to the back of the shop.
Where it became an open...cavern facing a cliff. It was narrow.
and you had to be careful where you stepped. because things weren't stable
Though the shop owner assured me that none of these cages would fall off the side of the cliff.
I looked inside one of the cages.
And saw these cute tiny kittens.
They were no bigger then an inch long.
Totally puny. And cute!
I found one I liked in particular. It was a Siamese kitten. though it became white...it started changing color shadings as it began to 'grow older and bigger' it never got bigger then 2 inches in my dream.
The woman who owned the shop told me that those kittens were a 'buy two get them free" idea. So if I chose two kittens, I could take them. Freely.
Cept I was thinking that Hogwarts wouldn't allow me to have more then one pet.
So I thought about convincing Kikay to get a mini cat as well.
But she was having her own field day in the shop. Having found a bunch of mini ponys the same size as the kittens, as well as kittens and other creatures.
So for a moment I went back to looking at the full grown cats.
Particularly the Siamese cats.
But I ended up back looking at the mini kitten.

At one point I was actually on the train...or near it...with a bunch of traveling packs piled on top of each other. I had dashed there to grab something... a list....and noted in passing that my bag -it was green and had my college logo on it, plus the square outline of my scriptures could be seen within it. then I was explaining that I had forgotten...blah blah blah...I couldnt' find....whatever it was to a professor. Then I had dashed back to the animal store for the mini kitten.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment