Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Winding Road

I took a winding road today by accident.
I really get lost in cities. Especially downtown when buildings block out the mountains which I use as landmarks.
Its worse in darkness...and when I've just come out of an underground parking lot, where I basically spun my self in circles before coming out into the sunlight expecting to be able to find my way back home.
Being confused...
I went a street too far.
But I had found my landmarks to lead me back home.
And I figured a long as I went in that direction using this 'new' road
I would eventually get back home.
It would twist and curve, leading me through residential, abandoned areas, and factory places.
If it had been dark I think this journey would have been rather creepy.
Instead, I found it rather enjoyable.
It was like taking route 66.
I could see cars speeding past on the freeway.
Missing the little gems I found.
Totally clueless.
I was glad for the detour. -I'm glad that I got home via the detour as well :)
Because it was fun to drive someplace different.
See different things.
And have an enjoyable experience all the same. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Note: There may be no post tomorrow due to an overnighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment