Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Smartical Loop

Yesterday I had a conversation with a fellow.
And I mentioned that I am bogged down with homework, barely keeping up with my classes....

His response...was... "I thought you were smarter?" then that. something along that line.

*blinks*
Yah that threw me for a loop.
I responded "I am smart." <- you can tell how thrown off I was by saying that out right.

It was just odd...we'd just come from a class talking about people with 'different' needs. Who struggle in school for a variety of reasons...

and he says "I thought you were smarter?"

I felt like smacking him.

Just because I say that I'm 'barely keeping up with homework'
That doesn't mean that I'm struggling. That I'm 'having problems in school.'

It means:
DUDE I'M FREAKING BUSY! I HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE OF COMPUTER GAMES!!!

-I'm totally assuming the computer games part....by the by. It was just my thoughts...
It was more of the...I think he couldn't understand why I would have homework that I can some days barely keep up on, when he usually does his homework the moment its assigned in his classroom so by the time class is over he's done?

Yah...I don't do that.
But that doesn't mean I'm dumb.
I HAVE A LIFE.

A crazy hectic, I will get less then 5 hours of sleep most nights busy day life.

-Don't get me wrong I'm totally loving the hecticness...
But I did NOT like the statement "I thought you were smarter."
No.
"I just have alot of obligations."
"I have alot to do!"
I'm taking a ton of classes. And all those classes have their own homework that can take different amounts of time. Plus other obligations.

A typical week for me right now is this:
(I've been wanting to put this down in written form somewhere...I figured here was good ;) )

Monday:
6am wake up/get ready
7am meeting
8am-"free-time"<- whenever this is mentioned it means that I do different things depending on what is going on at that time. It could be publicity/institute stuff since I'm on council, homework, sleep, etc.  
9am- class A
10am- class B
11am- class C
12pm- class D
1pm Freetime
2:30pm Internship
6:45pm I get home.
7:00 -FHE (if I decide to go)
And then often times 3 hours of homework. Along with a couple of hours of 'unwind from my day time"
With bedtime between 12-3am (basically everyday)

Tuesday
9am- Wakeup/Get ready -often times I can be up earlier
10am Class E
11:30am Class F
1:00pm Class G
2:15- Mentor time
3:00 Class H
4:00 Class I
5:30 "free time"
7:00-11:00pm Writing group.
Then homework once more.

Wednesday
7am- Wakeup/Get ready
8am- Internship
9am- Class A
10am- Class B
11am- Class C
12pm- Class D
1:30 -Field Experience (for a couple of weeks...it will be done by the first week of October.)
4:00-Study for Class A Quizzes
7:00ish get home after taking quiz
With time to unwind and 3 hours of homework.

Thursday
9am- Wakeup/Get ready
10am Class E
11:30am Class F
1:00pm Class G
2:15pm- Mentor time
3:00pm Class H
4:00pm Class I
Then unwinding, homework, and other 'free time' stuff

Friday
7am- Wakeup/Get ready
8am- Internship
9am- Class A
10am- Internship
11am- Internship
12pm- Devotional
1-3pm -Publicity stuff <-For the next couple of weeks its Field Experience stuff

and yah....
basically every class I have....has homework due the next time we have class.
which means I'm always doing something.

So am I smarter then that? YES
Am I busy? YES
Does it make sense why I'm barely keeping up on homework when I'm sleep deprived and I don't get to my homework most nights until 9pm or so? YES
Especially when most classes require I read 30 pages each then write a paper for each assignment? YES

*takes a breath*
Okay...so the guy probably wasn't thinking any of that....we'd just come from a 'special education' class. -learning how to deal with children with 'special needs' so he might have been thinking along those lines of "I'm barely keeping up." Perhaps.
No...I'm just experiencing what most college students experience.
:P A job, School, Homework, and Other obligations. lol :)

And no worries...I'm not drowning yet :)
I'm fully confident about getting through this semester :)
I just somehow keep finding more obligations placed on my shoulders, limiting my time.
I trust that I will do fine. I have before, and I will now. :)
;) I'm smart like that ;) School is my forte. I have little concerns...til midterms...and finals ;) lol

Yah...can you tell his statement has thrown me for a loop? Its thrown me for a loop..I'm still pondering it a day later....huh....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream
I was in a tall tower like area.
With bridges and staircases
That weren't that 'steady'
They were precarious.
With bad...protections against falling over the side.
I was making my way carefully along the different stone bridges and such that were swaying from side to side. In some cases crawling, because I didn't want to fall.
I was at a 'resting point.'
And I saw this girl -she was blonde haired...wearing green...had a sporty, but girly appearance.
coming down the steps.
Apparently she had a friend with her...
and one of them tripped...
-I saw this from the 'corner' of my eye so I didn't see anything really.
But the friend ended up falling over the side.
I turned as I heard the sporty girl gasp. she was tangled up in the chain fence. Looking down.
Like 80 stories down...like top of a sky scraper down.
And I thought as I heard the thud of the friends body hit the ground.
Oh man...no one could survive that. Someone had just died in front of me.
(I didn't see them hit the ground.)
But then someone a voice from nothingness said.
"No she's not dead. the ground wasn't concrete. you can only die if the ground is concrete."
and I turned to see the girl..she had brown hair...was a bit bigger in statue in height and width, wore glasses...she reminded me of a girl from my ward...I think her name was Whitney...idr...
but she was being supported on both sides by a couple of other people and she had this big red blotch on the side of her face -blood, where her head had hit the floor.

There were other aspects....i was heading to my dad's place. It was his business... he was a rich multimillionaire, who didn't really have time for his children.
Then there was the 'field trip' type aspect where a 'mutual' group type of idea was happening, which was how we ended up at the tower place....

yah...

then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment