Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why Dost Thou Honk?

There is one thing here that I don't think I'll understand the reasoning behind.
Why when cars drive past my apartment, do they feel the need to honk? ALOT?
It happens at least twice everyday it seems like.
And its not like its the "beep beep" of "Hi, I'm here" its more of the "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP"
of "You just cut me off you jerk!"
I think its more like cars are honking at other cars or people they see waiting for the bus at the bus stop, or someone generally cut them off...or stopped suddenly, or drove too slowly..idk there isnt' really a passing lane on my street. So who knows.
Maybe there is some hidden tradition that only a few know about, where they need to honk when they drive down our street.
I don't know. Its annoying.
Mostly because my immediate reaction is to react defensively "What did I do to make you honk at me?!"
Even though I'm like 4 stories up, that's still my immediate reaction. 
Sometimes I wonder if people are honking up at me.
Just because our window has light in it, while others may not.
I don't know.
One of these days I'll have to just car watch and see what might cause these honking things to happen.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment