Friday, September 30, 2011

Someone in the Car

I have a tendency to connect pieces of information together...when it doesn't really make sense to connect them and form stories out if it.
Often times this emerges when I'm being told the plot to a story, or I'm reading said story. I'll say "So this happens right?" and most of the time...I am right. :)
That doesn't mean it works fully in real life.
Still I try to connect random bits of information I've collected...and see if my 'story' will actually happen.

So what happened?

Today, I went to a school to do some observation for one of my classes.
Usually, I drive over myself and leave the car there until I'm done, then drive home.
Kikay usually walks home.
Today, however, it was different.
I had to stay later at the Institute then usual so my observation was pushed back a bit.
And she was right with me...and asked if I would give her a ride.
The catch;
I was already basically late for my observation.
And taking her home would make me later...then like 10 mins...
So what did we do?
A Chinese firedrill of course :) ;) lol
I convinced her to let me drive to the school for observation, and she would drive home then come pick me up at the designated time I would usually get out.
Sounds simple right?
Yah...
No.
I got out at the designated time an hour and a half later....
and Kikay wasn't there.
I halfway figured this would happen.
So I checked my phone and sure enough I found a message from her.
Asking if it would be alright if she came 15 minutes later then planned.
I asked why.
She responded "You'll see :}"

And here is my thought process...the 'story' as it were.
"You'll see. :}"
Means that she will be bringing it in the car with her.
Which could be a thing, or a person.
I went with a person, for why would she bring a thing with her?
When I hadn't asked for anything.
So I asked her "Do we have a visitor?"
She never responded.
But I figured it was true. There was somebody coming with her.
Now who was it?
Friday....there was the idea that Kikay and I would have a writing group.
And coincidentally today was Friday....though there had been nothing mentioned about trying to do a writing group today....but it was the best thought I had.
Perhaps it was the president of her club. He had been in the car the last time Kikay had come to pick me up, but she hadn't mentioned anything about a meeting with him, so i was back thinking it was the writing group thing...
Until I remembered....last night.
A friend of mine asked me what I was doing tomorrow.
I said this that and the other until a certain time.
The friend said "oh okay....and didn't say anything more about it."
I had thought last night "It would be cool if the friend showed up at that time."
And it was nearing that certain time.
So what if the friend had been in contact with Kikay, and had arrived, and they were going to surprise me! And my mind went a bit further...what if the Friend had gotten the other friends in the same area to come down as well? It would be like a really cool party! And I admit I had the stray thought that they had decorated the apartment (don't ask me why...its not my birthday...or any holiday...)
-This second thought...about the friends coming to visit....yah, I knew it wasn't going to happen. Work and school take place Friday evenings for most of them. So it was a .000000000000000000001% chance they would all show up. More of a 20% chance one would show up...though that is being optimistic since....well...I had received no word that they would show up....and its even less likely that a surprise would happen.
Still...it was a thought. Purely fantasy with a shred, an itsy bitsy shred of possible truth.
Ha. That was a fun story to come up with.
So 15 minutes later Kikay shows up. Accidentally driving by the first time. lol.

And I was right! There was someone in the car!
That's about how right I was.
Kikay had picked up a couple...yah two someones....a couple of friends of hers to drop them off at their house. But...Kikay brought me a box of donuts too! :) Yummy.

And that's my story.
I figured out that Kikay was bringing someone. Woot!
I was just completely wrong about who was it. :) lol

Oh well...that was the fun part about being a creative writer.
Multiple scenarios come up with in a blink of an eye....only one that is right...or partially right. :) lol

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment