Monday, January 2, 2012

The Choice of Isolation

You know...
When given the choice between a huge group of people.
And being by myself...
I usually like to be by myself.
Big groups of people are rather....draining for me.
Lots going on and such.
That doesn't mean that I don't like being around people.
It just means that I'm content to be by myself when I have the choice.

The Keyword there is Choice.

When I'm forced to be by myself....its a whole nother story.

Even though I like to be by myself. I like to be social as well.
It mostly depends on my 'energy' levels on how much I like being with people.
I like me time, but I also like to catch up with people, talk about this and that and in general hang out.

The past couple of days, and I'm sure the next couple of days.
I've felt like I've returned to my Second Year of College.

That was the year when my roommates were NEVER there.
I spent my days in perpetual isolation. Solitude.
That was because I didn't have a car, and I couldn't really escape to anywhere.
So I was at home. By myself.
While my roommates did who knows what...but the key was that they weren't there.

These past couple of days have felt just like that.

Why?

Well...I agreed to housesit one of my parent's coworker's house for a few days.
They have dogs, a cat, and fish; that all need to be tended and cared for.
And having someone to watch them and stay at the house...
-because the dogs will eat the cat
-and the coworker didn't want the dogs locked up all day.

So I volunteered.
Why?
Money of course. ;) lol.
I didn't really have anything to do that I couldn't do at that house instead of my parents house.

Yet...its rather lonely.
They have a tv. but its downstairs -with the cat- and it can only play movies.
They have internet, but my laptop for some reason won't connect with theirs (I have the passcode. It just won't let me access their internet)
They have the dogs and cat.....
But they can't talk back.

So I entertain myself by reading.
But...it is rather lonely.
Oppressingly so.
Its like I've been cut off from the world.
And I don't like that feeling.

So I escape when I can.
-So i can continue writing this blog lol
And go do activities.

But there is a burden of responsibility.
I can't be gone longer then 8 hours.
That's the max that the dogs should be locked up for.

So eventually I have to return.
And make sure that the dogs are good and haven't died, and get their exercise...blah blah blah.

While I'm isolated....from everyone and the 'fun' things I think they're all doing.
Oh well. lol
I guess this is a great time to 'find myself' or something. ;)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

-The dogs tend to keep me from sleeping very well and they like to wake up at early hours...so I can't really remember what I dreamed.....it dealt with dragons I think...everyday life events....things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment