Wednesday, January 25, 2012

From Little Me

It CAME today!!
You remember like two days ago when I told you about my letter from my past self?
Well...I had my mom mail it to me. :D
hehe and it came!
lol...I'm actually surprised it managed to get to my house...
haha. My mom left a sticky note on the original envelope (she mailed the letter within another envelope so I could see the original envelope as well.) That apparently I didn't know my zip code when I was 11.
lol checking the envelope...she was right.
I got the first two digits right and the 4th one. But the 3rd and 5th. I put 1 and 8....there is no 1 or 8 in those spots in my zip code.
And apparently I liked to spell North as N-
lol. Anyway. Mistakes in address set aside.
I got my letter!
What would it be?! What would it contain?!
As speculated. It was a letter to myself.

And it goes like so in cursive. Dun dun dun.  Things in parenthesis's in this letter were things that I erased but I could still see what I'd written. Everything else is originally how I wrote it soo many years ago.

My Letter to me:

May 31, 2001

Dear Me: (Myself)

How are things doing in 2008 or as that not come yet or are you past that year. Today I'm going to get 200 A.R. points. It is the second to last day of school, I'm in the 5th grade. I have about one dozen friends. My (techer) teacher is Mrs. Call. We are doing (the) a talent show and auction today. As Sadie and or Pepper dieded yet? Do you drive a car yet? Is Nick still my boy friend? If not who? The style of hair for boys these year is short or shaved hair, for girls it is short and curly hair. Will we have space cars? The stuff I do well in is reading, gymnastics, and piano? Am still good at them. I'm I in high school yet? Is the home work hard? Do they do any talent shows or auctions in high school. I could be done with this paper right now I could of not done it at all put I wanted to be truthful to my self. Well thats about it.

Sincley
Sarnic Dirchi

P.S. Rats, I'm done!

lol....I seriously can't remember writing this. There is a vague memory....but its very vague.
And I just have to say.. Awwweeee How cute was I?!! So full of questions. So innocent lol and I obviously thought this assignment was kinda dumb by the last couple of sentences lol.

And I wish we had the technology to write ourselves in the past. Because that would be tons of fun to answer little me back.

So I'm going to do it anyway. :)

January 25, 2012

Dear Little Me;

Things are going pretty good here in the year 2012. I'm finishing up my last semester in College. Yah. Crazy right?! I'm almost done with college! I'm almost done with school for like...ever. Can you even imagine that that little yellow ABC ASL sign on the elementary playground influenced me to do an ASL major? I can't either. It was so long ago. The world itself in 2012 seems to be getting busier and busier and not as friendly. It seems like people are more paranoid and like to blame others for their own mistakes. I wish we could go back to 2001 when the world was an innocent place. After all you wrote your letter in May. You wouldn't know that in 4 months time that 9/11 would happen and the 'good times' would disappear into a state of paranoia. Hold on to the good times little me. You lived in a blissful easy going time. :)
That is awesome that you're going to get 200 AR points today! I remember all the other kids having smaller goals of 10-40 points, but that didn't stop you. You wanted to read as much as possible. You didn't want to just do the minimum you wanted to stretch yourself and improve. :) That is such a great skill that is kinda lacking here in 2012. Everyone just wants to do the minimum. Not the maximum it seems like.
I'm rather jealous that you have a dozen friends at the moment. While I have kept some of my 5th grade friends around, I don't get to see them much. I don't hang out with friends much either and it saddens me. Again, life has gotten much busier so my current friends and I can't hang out much.
I wish I could remember this talent show/ auction that went on. It sounds like fun. Yes we had talent shows in High School, they were basically the same thing as the 5th grade talent shows.
Surprisingly Sadie and Pepper haven't died yet. Though Sadie is getting very old. She's like 14 now, and she's suffered a few strokes and has gone deaf and is basically blind. She spends most of her days sleeping. Pepper is just as hyper as ever and not acting like she's 11 years old.
Yes I drive a car. Kikay and Meralto also drive as well. Isn't that weird to imagine? You're younger siblings driving and going on dates? Its odd.
Unfortunately Nick is no longer my boyfriend. I haven't seen him in years. Not since Jr. High it seems like. We lost contact. :( Currently I don't have a boyfriend. I did for a little bit this time last year, but it didn't work out.
That's interesting about the hairstyles. It seems like guys like to sport longer hair styles here, and girls shorter hair styles, but it depends on the areas. I've seen all different lengths on boys and girls.

Reading is still a favorite pastime of mine, though unfortunately I chose to give up Gymnastics when I turned 12 so I could participate in Young Womens. I do still occasionally play the piano though. Mostly I play hymns for Institute classes -its like church Sunday School but way more fun! Since I'm living in an apartment now, I don't have access to a piano to practice on. Otherwise....I probably would continue to play some more. I plan to buy a piano when I move into a house. Kikay and Meralto took up lessons though. Did you know? Kikay is the only one who actively still plays the piano though with college getting to her she doesn't play as much anymore. She makes up for it when we visit the parents at home though.
Yes. I was in high school. :) It wasn't that bad, you have nothing to fear. The homework wasn't that hard unless it was math. Otherwise, you learn alot and you can do the homework pretty easily. :)

I'm glad that even though you didn't want to, that you took the time to write a letter to me. It brightened my day to hear from you. :) Though I am curious as to why you wanted to be truthful to yourself?
And I am super curious as to why you say Rats. It sounds vaguely familiar to me and I recall using it for a little bit. Why did you ever start using that? Was it something between Jessica and you? She's still my friend by the way. :)

I hope that your summer goes great and that you enjoy the sunny days and lack of homework!

Until I next hear from you.
Enjoy the day!

Sincerely,

Sarnic Dirchi

^^;;; Yes. That was fun to write lol :D
*sniff* Such a sentimental thing. ^^;;;

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed Little Me's and My letters.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was standing near the top of a long fancy staircase waiting to be seen from one of two...or three people on the top of the floor. It was like a reception area in a hotel or a fancy building. There were two lines of us. Girls and Boys all dressed up fancy. The guys were wearing suits, the girls were wearing...well they looked like nightgowns to me. And some of the guys were not in suits. But I was standing with Kikay and the Fuzzies (Fluffy, Fizzie, and Floofy ). They were behind me as we stood waiting. I noticed that this line of hundreds of people were wearing nearly the same colors. Different shades of light/sky blue. There were a few people in line wearing golden/yellow dresses but most of us were wearing the light blue shades. But as I looked closer I noticed that some had more white in them, or some were wearing white. Kikay for example had on a whiter dress then I did. The Fuzzies had some white and blue. I thought I was just blue...but as I looked closer I saw that I was about half and half. Half blue half white.
I turned my attention back to the top of the stair case because my turn was basically next. But then the line got a bit jumbled and a few people went ahead of me. Which scared me because out of the three people I saw...I wanted to go to the first guy. He was tall, had longer brown hair, a beard, and was wearing a robe. The other two looked more normal. A girl and a black guy sitting at the computers. I wanted to go tot he bearded man.
Why?
It was Christ.
Finally the user told me that I should go to the black guy.
My heart dropped a little. But I willingly stepped forward to go to him.
But the black guy looked up and was like "Oh I'm not set up yet! Don't come to me." -Apparently he had just arrived. The girl was busy.
But Christ basically said "Bring Sarnic over to me. She'll be the last before I go grab lunch then come back. So I went to stand before Christ at his desk with computers and other random assortments. He turned to a screen behind him and began scrolling through my life.
I only remember him commenting that I had died after I had decided to hide underneath a flowerbed in my apartment during a fire. -I thought to myself....well that was a stupid way to die as I tried to recall where were there flowerbeds at the Tana?
And then it was time.
Where was he going to put me.
I saw him flick through options.
That basically went like this:
Not close.
Acquaintance.
Close friend
Closer friend
Great Friend
Exclusive friendship.
Inner group friend.
I anxiously watched where he would put me.
He went all the way to inner group friend, hesitated took me down a notch or two...and then put me up a couple of notches into 'Prophet/ess group'
I was like O.o
You put me where?!
That was like the exclusives of the exclusive group.
And I was like....But I'm not a prophet.....
Soo I was rather confused with that...but then Christ stood from his desk and invited me to come along with him. So I followed him to a different area. Where there were tall double doors that lead into a ballroom. He opened them and invited me to come in with him.
It was very easy to talk to Christ. He seemed like an easy going caring guy. He genuinely cared and was very chatty and fun. He seemed so relaxed and happy. It was just fun to be around him. He was a fun person. A person who would tell jokes and such. :)
I hesitated and looked over seeing my sister and the Fuzzies standing in the distance waiting for me.
Christ said that I could go to them in a bit.
I found myself back at the staircase looking at all the different guys.
There seemed to be a few twins and triplets coming up waiting to be judged.
I thought for a moment that there were sextuplets because they all had similar beard mustache things going on. But no.
But I did see a couple of people....who weren't wearing blue/white/or gold. I don't remember what color they were wearing.
But I think Gold meant that these people had an automatic extension....to the celestial kingdom. But I'm not sure. When I first was analyzing what the colors meant while waiting for my turn I came to the conclusion that gold might be below blue and white. Perhaps these people had already chosen what kingdom of glory they went to? I'm not sure.

I was in a room with a couple other guys. They were....testing me. Because I was a mermaid of sorts and they were seeing what I could and couldn't do. But something happened and this wall of glass came crashing down on us. I used a blanket to cover me and one of the guys on the bed from the sharp pieces. When I pulled the blanket down. I saw that the second guy had been covered in glass. I moved to try and get to him, but pieces of glass were digging into my own skin and the first guy basically told me that the guy was dead. So instead we focused on pulling the glass out of our skin...which was painful and I worried that I might not be getting all the pieces out

But me and the same guy made it out alive and we had gotten married. He and I were on our honeymoon driving about the country and getting lost because the roads didn't make sense or they ended up going in a direction we didn't want to go. I dropped off my husband by a racetrack thing...and went to go find a spot, and ended up almost getting forced onto the highway, I turned around before that point though and was heading back up the track when cars started doing 'drag races' in the sense that all these different cars old and new would one at a time go racing down the straight stretch with a concrete barrier on one side and the highway on the other and see how far they would go. Then some cars...when they crashed would have a person eject out of the seat...or somewhere out of the car. The couple I saw ejected out superman style though the movements looked rather odd...like they were manikins instead. I worked my way back up the track to my husband where I had dropped him off by an old school bus...that had cars being catapulted onto it sometimes in the drag races. As I almost reached him one car almost hit me because I was crawling on the road. And when he got there, he was like "yah...they're supposed to eject the man out of the seat and that one epic one you saw was actually a car landing on another car that had gotten stuck in the school bus and that car's guy was ejected so it didn't count."

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment