Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Crazy Goal

Sooo I've been waiting for a few days to post this.
Just so I could gather my thoughts, and get things organized.
You know...because everyone needs to have a New Years Goal.
And I wanted to have one....
One that I could possibly do.
And I've had many ideas...
But I finally landed on one goal...one I'm sure that I have a good chance of completing.
And its completely crazy as well!
So that makes it....
Crazy!
But.
Awesome!

And it all started...
With Christmas.

You see, for Christmas, I decided to ask for a bigger gift you know...
>.>
The more expensive kind.
And I landed on wanting an Ipod.
Because my other Ipod was too small G wise. I couldn't upload all my songs and I wanted to have room to grow.
Soo I was left with two choices. A Nano, or a Touch.
I finally decided on an Itouch -32g because the other ones were only 8g or something.
Though I was a bit leery about getting the Touch....
because...I basically just wanted an Ipod for music.
But this. This would let me expand!
Ooooo sooo scary...expanding beyond music!
*Gasp!* The Terror!!!
I would actually be able to get >.> Apps.
Dun Dun Dun.
Which I did!
I totally love the Itouch...because I can multitask!
I love multitasking. lol.
Anyway...among the various Apps I found...
was one that connected me to the LDS library....app thing...
Which allowed me to download the scriptures for free! Wahoo. :) Scriptures on my Itouch so I don't have to lug the 20lb heavy ones around all the time. ;)
But then...more discovery.
I could download other church related items.
Like the Conference Talks.
Oooooo

After all, I had just finished reading and marking the most recent Conference Ensign.
Soo why not put that on my Itouch too.
And then I went searching....and I could download alot of the conference talks... Alot alot.

Soo i thought. "Well that's cool!"
But I didn't do much beyond that. I just downloaded the 2011 Conference talks and left it at that.

Though I had a lil thought nibbling at the back of my mind......
I dismissed it.

But then. New Years Eve.
I showed my amazing discovery to an Uncle.
And he showed me another amazing discovery.

I can.
Highlight Stuff!
I can highlight the scriptures and the talks!

Thus...my awesomely crazy plan was born!

Soo the first chance I got I did it.
I got into the the LDS Library.
Started at the year of my birth and downloaded 44 Conference Talks.

What's my plan?
I'm going to read.
All the Conference talks.
From the year of my birth up to this current year.

;) There are two conferences per year. I'm counting the year 2012 in my total, so when those conferences come out I'll be reading them as well.
Soo...you can do the math on my year of birth beyond that. ;) lol

As of this posting I've read 12 talks in the first year...I'm into the April Saturday Afternoon session. :)
My goal is to read at least 2 talks a day. :)
I don't know how far that will take me or if I'll get through all 44 this year....
But I plan to read as many as I can. :)

So why did I decide to start with the year of my birth?
Why not download all the talks I can get?
Well....
My thinking was....
That the most relevant talks to me...would be the ones that happened while I was actually on the earth.
Those would be 'modern' Revelation for me because they happened while I was alive. So if I need to find inspiration or things to help me in this year...I should look at the talks that took place during my time period. :)

My thoughts got complicated after that...like should I do the conferences the year before I was born? or just the year I was born?
I decided for the year I was born, and if I have room at the end of the year I'll do the talk before the year I was born.
lol I might just start working my way backwards and just read all the talks available. I'll have to see what the end of this year looks like. :)

But for now. Onward!

Feel free to join me in my crazy goal. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in class with my teacher Dawn Duran, and a few other classmates. my neighbor Shane was there with me as well. We were sitting at desks about to take a test...or taking a test. But I kept getting distracted with various things only to remember. "Wait! I'm taking a test! Where's my booklet, pencil, paper?" and I'd go off to find them again, start to take the test, and get distracted by something else. At one point I was helping to build something with Shane, at another...a cave in happened and we had to run for our lives, and I ended up dropping my test, and it ended up getting buried, and i ended up digging through the rubble to get to my test because I needed to finish that test even though I knew other people were trapped my main concern was to get to my test.

And then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and i became myself again. :)

-S.N.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment