Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Final Tick

Do you know how those face clocks that stare at you when you stare back at it while you're waiting for school to end and time just seems to sloooooowwwwwww down and you just stare at the clock waiting for its second hand and minute hand to move painful tick by painful tock?

Well.... today felt something like that....but not quite.
It was more of like a Countdown. That click as the hand moves closer to its goal.

I felt the build up studying for a test this morning. The excitement.
A new test! What will it be like? Will I be able to do well? Or not well?
Will this style of studying work out? or not workout?
Well...on a pretestresults thing, I think the test method will work out pretty well.
But in other news. 
As I was taking the test, it didn't seem that hard.
But I was aware of...that build up of tension.
Right before the second hand clicks in its sloooowww motion to the next dash on the face clock.
And as I completed that test.
I felt like I heard that click.
Like in All Dogs Go to Heaven, where the clock ticks one final time underwater before it stops ticking.
It echoed all around me.
echotickecho
And I thought to myself. "One test down......"
It felt like a countdown.
Towards graduation.
One test finished.
One tick of the clock that moved with finality towards its destination.
Graduation. Midnight.
Noon. Something...the number 7 ;) lol.
It was a momentous step.
In a rather small test like way.
One step closer to finishing the class and hopefully passing it.
One step I won't have to do again.
Its final.
I'm heading towards the end.
Graduation.

And so the clock ticks on.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment