Friday, January 6, 2012

Personal Radiation

"There is one responsibility which no man can evade; that responsibility is his personal influence.
Man's unconscious influence is the silent, subtle radiation of personality--the effect of his words and his actions on others. This radiation is tremendous. Every moment of life man is changing, to a degree, the life of the whole world. Every man has an atmosphere which is affecting every other man. He cannot escape for one moment from this radiation of his character, this constant weakening or strengthening of others. Man cannot evade the responsibility by merely saying that it is an unconscious influence. Man can select the qualities he would permit to be radiated. He can cultivate sweetness, calmness, trust, generosity, truth, justice, loyalty, nobility, and make them vitally active in his character. And by these qualities he will constantly affect the world. This radiation, to which I refer, comes from what a person really is, not from what he pretends to be. Every man by his mere living is radiating sympathy, sorrow, morbidness, cynicism, or happiness and hope or any one of a hundred other qualities. Life is a state of radiation and absorption. To exist is to radiate; to exist is to be the recipient of radiation."

-David O. Mckay, "Personal Radiation," BYU April 27, 1948

This quote came up tonight while I was at a 'training' thing for council and I liked it enough to share it here! :) lol
I liked this quote because I totally understand it. But trying to explain how I understand it...is a bit hard to do lol.
When I read this quote I tend to think. "And this is what I should give people when I try to explain why I get alot of headaches!" lol.
I tend to get headaches because other people's 'radiation' overwhelms my own 'radiation.' If I don't...I guess..plan to get bombarded with certain radiation...well that's why I get a headache. Sometimes...certain types of radiation I just can't handle in 'large' doses. lol :)

Soo...if I complain of a headache in the future.
Just be aware, that my 'defenses' were probably overwhelmed by a particular type of 'radiation', and I'm trying to recuperate and get back in 'balance.' :)

But on another note. I think this is a good word of warning. That you can influence the world just by existing. No matter what you do, you are giving strength, or weakening others around you.  

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream
I was going to a fancy stake church dance thing.
I was dressed all up...wearing a white shirt and a light pink jacket. I think I had on a lighter colored skirt as well. But as I was getting out of the car, these guys accosted me. So I attacked back. I bit one hard on the arm, which scared the guys off...but...they went and tattled to others....so I ended up just being an outcast. No guy would dance with me, so I ended up just wandering around, watching other people be happy and having fun, while me and my family...we were treated like we didn't belong. I did have friends, but nobody to be romantic with. I ended up in a bathroom for a little bit along with a couple other girls that were 'misfits' but then there was one point where I was playing songs on a piano, just randomly making it up as I went along, and a guy did come and sit down with me and play with me for a little bit....but the 'angry mob' came and convinced him to leave me.
Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)
-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment