Thursday, January 5, 2012

How to Lead

I have always thought myself as a leader.
Though...I tend to be a controlling leader.
One that is unwilling to....delegate....
But I've been working on making myself a better leader.
One willing to have others be in charge with me.
And not under me.

And while I know I can be a leader.
I also don't actively seek out being the leader.
If nobody is in charge...and nobody is going to be in charge...
then I'll take charge.

But its still a struggle for me some days...to figure out
When to lead
How to lead
Where to lead.

But! A solution has resolved itself!
lol.
Somewhat. :)
I still have things I need to work on, but some guidelines have been provided!
Yay!
Conference Talks do help! lol

Today in my Conference reading I read a talk called:
Some Scriptural Lessons on Leadership by Spencer J. Condie
In this talk he goes over attributes a leader should have.

And I thought I'd list them here: :)

- A leader must have a vision of the work which lies ahead.
- A leader must be humble and obedient.
- We learn that even kings must be careful. Leadership positions do not totally protect us from temptations.
- Knowledge and wisdom alone do not qualify people to lead.
- To lead is to serve.
- Leaders can make a difference! Faith in the Lord and high expectations can bring about a mighty change of heart among an entire people.
- Leaders are duty-bound and obligated to prepare others to take their place at some future point.
    Brothers and sisters, the cemeteries are filled with leaders who thought they were indispensable.
- A great leader must have high expectations, tempered with patience. Perfection takes a long long time.
- A leader in the Lord's kingdom must be meek and lowly of heart.

Some of these I can do...others I need to work on, and others I need to be more consistent in. But overall I thought they were good guidelines. :) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves!
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Before this main part of the dream...was another dream...dealing with the age 24...and it being cut in half....and boys...and such....
I was trying to find my way back to my word, through 'rifts' in time, and there was a bad guy also using those passageways, I went downstairs in an abandoned building -one that was closed, not open for the day- and we discovered a 'dead' guard on the back part of the toilet. She'd been stabbed and left for dead, but upon closer inspection, she was still alive. We called for help and I had the duty of convincing her that she still needed to stay alive. That she wasn't going to die, while I also had to search for a new rift because this one had closed.
I was late for church, I entered the room just as the opening song was being sung by the choir. I made my way up the isle onto the stand because I was supposed to play one of the songs in today's program, so I sat on the piano bench, only the song I learned never came up, and my friend Dirk also admitted, that he'd agreed to pay a song as well. He was two fingering silent night for the choir and also might be playing other songs. So I ended up back in the audience, in the way back with our neighbors sitting behind us.
Dad and Mom had decided to come separately to church, I think they ended up walking because they were late as well, but they sat with us, and we chatted with our neighbors. the oldest daughter -named Mandie, didn't look like her sisters, she had black skin and more of a dirty blonde hair style and she was talking to some other people that her family didn't understand why she ended up with dark skin. I couldn't understand it either. I knew she wasn't adopted but she was looking alot like one of the council members named Sam as well,
but then I or a young 6 year old girl discovered some 32 sided rocks that were multicolored, and she realized that we needed to gather all the rocks that were the color of the rainbow, put them together in the right order, twist, and we would all be able to go home. So gathering up the rocks, we left the church and went to our car -that was loaded up with stuff. Dad got into the seat behind the drivers seat and then into the middle, but he couldn't sit in the middle because he'd piled alot of stuff like food in the middle seat, so I was trying to make room, and glanced to the passenger seat and realized that was empty and i wondered why Dad hadn't just gotten into the passenger seat in the first place. He responded from the passenger seat that we needed to drop by home and it would have been faster to get out from the back then the passenger side.


Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)


Note: I seriously think that my dreams involve things that happen two days ago, because the rifts in time thing was from Escape to Zarahemla a book I read a couple of days ago....


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment