Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rain vs Snow

I don't understand why people think driving in Rain is better then Driving in Snow.
I totally disagree.
I prefer to drive in Snow then in Rain.
Rain....it patters on the road, dulls the color, and makes the road's surface reflective so its very difficult to see the lines on the road sometimes.
No...I do not like rain.
At least with snow, you can follow another car's tracks and the white stuff doesn't cause the road surface to be reflective. Sure it will cover the road eventually. But it takes time to do so.
Rain....once it comes...there's no getting away from it.
I've had way more traumatic experiences in Rain then in Snow.
Especially when the Rain is Pounding down in thick Sheets of rainness.

Today...it was like that.
Raining cats and dogs.
The moisture coming down out of the sky like there was no tomorrow.
It was a bit....tense on the highway.
All the cars driving by had this tail of rain sliding off of it, and if I got too close to the vehicle in front of me, the tail of rain would blind me so I had to back off.
And oh...when those semi's came roaring by!
I made sure to hop over quick like to get more distance between me and it so that their own moving rainstorm wouldn't blind me further.

No. I do not like driving in the rain.
Snow doesn't hide anything.
Rain...puddles can be way deeper then expected.
SPLASH!
AHHHH!!!
;) lol

So...I'm glad that the rain today turned into snow.
I like driving in the snow.
The soft white fluffy stuff doesn't seem as intimidating. ;) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at a youth conference thing. I felt a bit out of place since I'm sure I was older then all the young ones. They were 12 I was....my regular age.
Weezi, my old young women's leader was there and suggested that I come participate in a drawing.  In order to do that I had to wear these stilts and pretend that I was...injured. That I had no feet. Because this was a competition drawing for people who had lost their feet or something. I was totally fine, but I was wearing really tall stilts. like ten feet high or so. I didn't think much of it and I was walking around a grocery store when Weezi came up to me and said. "They called your name! Go collect your prize!" So I went over there struggling a little with my balance and ended up getting off my stilts to collect my prize though nobody could see my feet due to the really long pants I was wearing, I felt guilty to deceive everyone, but it seemed like Weezi had some sort of hold over me. She needed the money I had won. I continued walking around the store/warehouse place on stilts occasionally getting off them in order to get to lower things and such,

when the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment