Friday, March 30, 2012

Counsel to Council

You know...You know you've done your job well.
When it comes time to 'pass the torch'
Because the people in charge of picking the next generation to pass the torch too...
ask you to dye your hair, change your name, and reapply for council.
Or when you're asked,
Out of your committee who is the most like you?

I got that question the other day.
Who on this committee is as dedicated as you are?
There was another descriptive word there but I can't remember it...loyal? proactive? something.

My internal response was: "Nobody is like me. I'm one of a kind."

I gave a few names of people who I thought would be good for next year's council.
But when I was asked if they were like me?
I could only shrug and say "I don't know them that well."

Thinking over the concept of trying to find another person 'just like me'
I have to just say: Don't.

Don't try to find a person just like me.
For this year's council...yes, I was needed.
But would "Me" be needed this up coming year?
I don't know.
The LDSSA Council is called by inspiration.
So perhaps another "Me" is needed this next school year.
Perhaps not.
But I think that when considering somebody to replace me.
The outlook shouldn't be so narrow.
"we need to get another Sarnic!"

I think the effectiveness of the person would break down if the person is only called because they are 'like me'
I think I've created something huge. A shadow that the new person will have a hard time stepping out of.
Because of that impression I made.
I think that the newly called Co Chair.
Should be able to be their own person.
Not a 'little me'
But their own person, with their own talents to bring to the table.

I think the focus should be on "how can we top Sarnic."
Not on "how can we get another Sarnic."

So while I think, there will be a bit of "Sarnic did this, or Sarnic said that," and other words to show that my shadow is still around the Institute this next year.
I hope that the new Co Chairs will be able to make their own mark,
Step out from my shadow.
And be the best that they can be for this once in a life time opportunity. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I woke up thinking I didn't want to remember the dream I had.
So I don't really remember it.
I remember looking at my Ipod touch and seeing the screen was cracked, the glass could be moved about which made it difficult to do stuff.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment