Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tip of the Spotlight

I've often said that there is more to me then meets the eye.


Today, I met with my Co-Presidents of the LDSSA.
And they told me...that one of the other co-chairs in our council on spring break.
Had described me as an Iceberg.
That I had a beautiful surface area to look at.
But as you go deeper, you discover that there is a more dynamic, complex, dense...basically...that there is more to me then you thought there was on the surface.
lol I wish I could remember the wording...it was really cool wording.
Anywho, I was compared to an iceberg today. :)
I thought it was pretty cool.
Because it was pretty accurate, and I hadn't really thought of myself in that way.
I've used other...metaphors? To describe myself. Layers of an Onion, Facets of a Jewel, Sides of a dice, caterpillar to butterfly....things like that. To say "Hey there is more to me then meets the eye."
Or that "I sometimes only show this side of myself in this situation, but if you see me in other situations I'm different."

But an iceberg...it's really...accurate.
:) Often people only see the tip of me. And think that that is all there is.
Because I'm not the type of person...to really talk about myself.
I mean I can, and I enjoy talking about myself (lol who doesn't?)
It's just that, I'm never sure what to say. Do I go for modest? Or show offy? Funny? or shy?
It's hard to know.
Which is why I hate the question "Tell me about yourself."
I often want to respond "Which part of myself do you want to know about?"

lol to go with my love of reading fantasy...I'm like an epic fantasy series.
And when asked about myself, I want to respond:
Do you want me to tell you about book 1? or book 4? maybe 12?

So I often deflect the question....and say "What do you want to know?"
Because I don't want to talk about what they wouldn't be interested in.
And with questions I could figure out what direction they're thinking in.
And maybe throw in a couple of 'loop' questions, that 'throw them for a loop'
to show that 'while you are asking this question...here is an answer that shows you a different part of me as well.' lol :)
I think my blog kinda shows that as well.
-Because I was trying to do that on purpose.
-Hence my picture of the mountain as my profile picture. :) There is alot of me to get to know. and the casual reader can go away thinking about me and this blog in one way.
But the more constant reader will read...the more...depth they can get in seeing the full iceberg.
And think. "Oh no, Something isn't 'wrong' with Sarnic because she's not acting the same as yesterday, This is just her."
Anywho.
I'm like an iceberg ^^ lol.
And...I'm really mad at myself...because I wanted to 'spotlight' my blog. "Sarnic writes a blog!" because that is why the Co-Presidents came to visit me. In order to do a spotlight thing tomorrow morning in our meeting.
And that would have been cool....to say "I have a blog!"
Oh well. lol I'll have to see which bits of the iceberg that I mentioned that they will talk about tomorrow.
But I guess that is why it's called a 'spotlight' and not a 'biography' haha :)
Just a brief glimpse into my background. :)

In any case ^^
It was cool that I was compared to an iceberg. And I feel happy that others have been...observing me...and noticing that there is more to me then meets the eye. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream
I was in a building with a bunch of people...it was kind of like a museum building...or a security place...but I could look through the metal beams of some classified area and see the spirals of the temple...it was like a specific temple...new york? (one that doesn't exist) and I liked seeing it and I was trying to get my camera out to take a picture of it, but other people were coming and we had to get to the baseball game....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment