Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Higher and Higher

You know....when it comes to songs....
I really really don't like the ones....
That have like five words...that repeat themselves
over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
They drive me crazy. Especially if it's like a five minute song.
I can barely tolerate it for like two minutes.
However,
there are those rare occasions...
where a repeating song actually catches my picky likingness.
And I actually like it.
And....it gets stuck in my head.
So here....is a song that's been stuck in my head for the past couple of days. :)

It's called Higher and Higher sung by Vocal Point. :)


Now...if only it was on Itunes... :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I don't remember who exactly, but we were visiting an old hideout,
that was located underneath a store...it was like a general store.
It had been used by rebels a few years ago 20-100years ago.
And we were visiting it....and the store owners were really happy to show us it.
(at times it seemed like I was in my Grandma's house)
But the way to get into the hideout had been changed.
It used to be a pulley system of sorts and there was a huge log underneath the floor boards that kept those who didn't know how from getting down below.
Now...it had been changed into a sort of elevator fancy lift door system.
That totally was undefendable.
It was like one floor board wide as well...I'm not sure how we got into that...
Anyway....it seemed like we had actually been part of the crew who had used this hideout.
I say this because I knew how things used to be...so it would make sense.
And we were in need of this hideout again,
Because 'they' were after us. The Towns people were wanting to...idk mob us? torches and all that.
Because we were different. I got the sense that we were like the Jews....but we weren't Jews.

A young man was being sent to the gallows. (it was a combination of me and him, so I'm going to say him to just make it easier for me) He was going to be hanged for being who he was.
He had a white...it was like those hospital bands you have to wear around your wrist...around his wrist denoting that he was a prisoner of the state.
But he wasn't going to go quietly.
He knew that if he broke the 'perimeters' of his bond. -the wrist band was like a house arrest ankle band thingy...where an alarm sounds if you go out of bounds....and when that went off, he had an hour to avoid the prison wardens and the cops. If he could do that then....the band would stop working, and he'd be home free.
So working a bit of...magic....apparently we were feared for our magic, he managed to make a blanket invisible. -It was my favorite blue and white square blanket I've had since I was little. So with a flash of bluewhite light He was able to turn the blanket invisible. He broke the perimeters and the clock started ticking.
He took off running, with the sounds of sirens and dogs barking in the distance.
Hopping a small garden gate of some sort of building grounds, He laid in a flower bed and covered himself with the blanket...but he was a bit big and gangly...soo he (i) was worried the he wouldn't fit underneath and something would show that would give him away as to being there.
The dog...a lovable female German Shepherd. She was really pretty golden brown to chocolate brown in coloring. She found me, because my wrist bracelet was blinking, but I told her a few words -I had made friends with this particular dog earlier- and she went bounding away. (basically saying -this is a false alarm!
The guy did this another time as well when he was making for the forest. He turned and yelled a few words out to the dog and it stopped and let him disappear into the forest (i can't remember if I saw this on TV, or if it was actually part of my dream)
But I ended up in the living room of my house, I hunkered down next to the couch and a potted palm tree looking plant.
I thought I was home safe, but then the dog came bounding to me, and two other people came into the room, a female and a male, they were with the dog.
And they commented how the shadows where I was hidden looked kinda human like.
The girl said that the guy was imagining things, and they were going to leave the room.
I was basically in plain view in the shadows, so I went to draw my blanket up so I could have a bit more cover even though I didn't have time to cover all of me.
When the dog spotted the movement, and thought that we were playing a game.
So she grabbed onto part of my blanket and started pulling and growling playfully, and I was trying to convince her to leave me alone and to go away...but the dog wasn't paying attention, and she was getting the attention of the people, so there was nothing to it, I/the boy broke cover and I ran through the house ending up in my backyard with the dog -no longer friendly- and the cops on my heels. I grabbed onto a branch of my old apple tree and swung myself upwards, feeling all the while the dog's hot breath on my back as it just barely missed grabbing me.

So I climbed up the apple tree now the maple tree (the maple tree was taller) while the female officer climbed after me.
The boy and the woman had a conversation, basically along the lines of 'you can't run! just come quietly!' or something,
and she ended up snapping a blue hospital looking band around my/the boy's right wrist.
And she was explaining that every time I did something that was 'against the rules' the band would get tighter and tighter.
The boy wasn't listening though, he was frustrated, he'd basically given up. So he hit the officer. And on cue, the band got tighter and tighter as he kept hitting at her.
But then something happened...she apparently wanted the boy to escape, and was telling him that he could take off the band once he figured out how, and he wouldn't be monitored anymore.
While she was talking I looked at the band and saw a faint latch...so before she finished speaking I figured out how to undo the band! The woman was a bit downcast to see this, but I basically promised that I wouldn't take off the band right away. She basically let me go, and I was running again, down the street headed for the red fenced corner and up that street.
And it was like a prison breakout because I was in an orange prison suit and all these other people were in orange prison suits with me running...though there were some younger kids running with the boy as well...some of them seemed to think that it was just a fun game of hide and seek.
I went up the next street as police sirens and cars showed up, I ducked into the corner house because it was overgrown with vegetation and I was hoping that in the semi darkness I could hunker down and hide my bright orange suit without the cops seeing...
only like five other people followed me into the same area.
And I was like "you idiots! Don't clump together! split up! split up!"
So I went through the garden and back onto the street I'd just left. There were police cars everywhere but somehow I managed to avoid them all, and I ran up the street (up the hill) while there were a bunch of cars and people coming down the hill.
Apparently church had just gotten out or something.
And i was worried that they'd take note of me in my orange jumpsuit...
but they didn't bother me, even though there were sirens sounding everywhere.
I ran up the street and ducked into this fancy house.
Where a mother was cooking a dinner for her family...there was an extended family gathering happening, and I was just trying to find some clothes so I could change and blend in, but the mother cooking the dinner kept ending up in the same areas I was in, and I was trying to avoid being seen, and basically gave up on the clothes stealing idea...I was rebelling against it anyway, and was looking for a way back out that didn't involve me backtracking.

I was at this huge gathering of portables in this random area....there was a deaf conference happening or some festival with a lot of deaf people there, and I was there for the festivities. There was a dead grassy field desert area that had most of the events...or the speaker people were rallying against/for...I ended up sitting my one of my ASL classmates on some green grass on the hill....but I ended up moving about. I left to get food, and when I came back she was gone, but Big Rick was there, and I was trying to eat my food...I was by a telephone pole...and hidden behind a portable so I couldn't see what was happening down in the grassy area. I was more focused on eating, then on trying to get on my laptop to talk to a friend, multitasking a bunch of different responsibilities. there was this other guy...he was Italian that was nearby me and he knew Big Rick, and CaStep was there as well, and I was just trying to eat my Oreo cookies! and Big Rick signed to me saying something along the lines of I was needed...I needed to somewhere, somebody needed me. So I left and headed for the main festive area...actually Big Rick dragged me towards it while I was still trying to eat my Oreos. Dabo ended up introducing me to a female signer...she was famous...idr her name, and I just felt like a little kid as we hurried by...because I had my mouth full of Oreo. -the white colored ones not the black ones- and it was chaos with people signing and Dabo was like "oh let me introduce you to Ben Bahan!" He wasn't in view yet, so I desperately worked to rid myself of Oreo in my mouth and get a drink of water. Ben showed up around a portable and Dabo introduced me to him and I basically said Hi, and felt very young and maybe talked a little more with him, and Dabo and I ended up in the kitchen of some house and I was like "Why are you introducing me to all these people?" and he basically leaned in and said in a conspirical whisper "Because we were talking about you up north"(at the testing place) and "Tamra is rooting for you" This was apparently a big deal. If Tamra was rooting for me...that meant that I was actually a pretty good interpreter. If somebody got Tamra's support that meant that they were the real deal. There were also the unspoken words of 'we're all rooting for you.' as if the angels were supporting me....

then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment