Tuesday, March 20, 2012

5 Hour 4 AM Project

Soo, last night, I ended up stressing myself to the point where I ended up with a headache.
It wasn't the ordinary headache.
No...it was the 'slept too little, and stressed myself too much' headache.
Where if I try to stay up...I just feel sicker and sicker and sicker....
Which makes it very very hard to do homework when you can't focus.

And that...was bad yesterday. I went to bed at like 10:30pm.
Which is WAY early for me....

Only I had a slight insy weensy really huge problem.
I had a paper due today.
Like a paper paper of researchfulness.
And like usual...I procrastinated it down to the last minute.
Planning to work on it after class and such.

But my headache conspired against me into going to bed earlier then expected.

However, I conspired against it.
I knew that after a few hours of sleep, I wouldn't feel so sick.
So, I gave into my headache.
And went to bed at 10:30
BUT
I set my wake up alarm for 4:00am.
That would give me about 6 hours of sleep.
Which should cure my headache.
And, I would have about fiveish hours to write this paper.

So that's what I did this morning.
I woke up at 4:00 am.
And wrote.
And wrote.
And wrote.
Until 9:15am.
:) I had a 9 page paper with citations included by the time I was done! :D
Yay!
I finished it!

Luckily last night, I persisted in looking up online sources to use as citations in my paper.
So, I mostly focused on writing the paper this morning, instead of wasting time trying to find websites that supported what I was talking about.

Hopefully, I get a good grade on it.
The teacher got me worried though...because he said he'd mark us down for just writing a 'surface' paper. So I'm hoping I managed in my early morning state...to write 'deep enough' that I get a good grade on the paper.
I guess I'll have to wait and see...and hope that he's grading my paper when he's in  good mood and not a bad one lol.

I wasn't really panicking this morning though....writing nearly ten pages as I was for class that day.
I admit, I've never procrastinated homework that much before.
....I've pulled all nighters, but not written a paper the morning it was due.
At the most I would finish it the night before and check it in the morning to make sure it still made sense.
Not today.
So weird.
But I didn't feel crunched for time.
Or stressed.
I was pretty relaxed about the whole thing.
It may be that senioritis has started kicking in, where I've stopped caring.
Or...
at the beginning of the year, when I got my calling in the LDSSA, I also received a blessing.
That said I would have time to do everything that I needed to get done done.

So I went to bed last night, confident that I would wake up in the morning, and finish my paper.
And that's what I did. :)
The Time blessing has once again come through for me ^^ and I'm really grateful for it. I was able to stay calm and collected because I had faith that I would be able to get the paper done on time, even if I had to get up early today to do it.
I would have time to do it and finish it.

But I hope to not try and do that again anytime soon.
I like sleeping after all lol. :)
And I prefer to have my homework done at least the day before it's due and not the day it's due. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment