Friday, March 16, 2012

A Music Listening Breakthrough

Phew!

Hey guys!
I'm back!

All regenerized and relaxed....
plus sore...and dead tired.
But mostly sore!

In any case! You can expect me to be posting posts of postfulness again!
Yay!
(Anybody miss me? :) lol)

Soo anyway...
Topic.
I just got back from basically my 'first' totally college vacation...
where I went on vacation....with college people....
>.>
<.<
So weird!
You never know what to expect!
Or who will suddenly surprise you with what they can do!

But I'll talk about such things later. Maybe.
Right now...the focus is the road trip.
And you know what happens when you have a three hour road trip?
Yes...most of the car falls asleep.
But you also play music!
And in this generation of ipods and all variations of music things...
You can play your favorite music on the trip down.

I was hesitant about this.
I know what kind of music my family likes...
but the LDSSA? I wasn't sure what kind of music they all liked.
Soo in many cases I was hesitant to play songs I liked...
and tried to play songs they liked.
Usually I managed to do this by listening to their conversation and seeing what music they mentioned that I had. :) lol.

But today...on the way back home to Happy Valley...
I didn't do that lol.
Apparently I had relaxed enough with my LDSSA companions...
that I just put on my favorite's play list.
And let it go!
And surprisingly enough....
people liked the songs! :D
They were like "No way! You have this! I love this song!"
It often seemed to be like we had similar tastes in music.
Not always...I still had a few songs that they had never heard before.
Just like they had songs (many many songs) that I had never heard before.
So it wasn't like we were being copy cats or something. :)

But I'm glad to know...that my road trip companions like my style of music as well. :)
I have more fun when I can enjoy my songs, instead of worrying if the other people in the car like my songs as well or if they're wishing for the music to end.

--I got that feeling a bit when I would have a song playing...and somebody would suggest another song..and then we'd play that song.... :(
*sniff* poor favorite song.
lol
It was a process.

But fun all the same!
Jamming out to all the different beats! :)

Soo next time you're on a car trip....just play your favorite songs. :)
Chances are...other people will like them as well. :D

We can be closet favorite music people together!
-meaning we can love obscure bands/songs while everyone else looks at us confused. lol :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream(s)

- I was with a group of people. There was a guy who looked alot like the guy from the movie "The Single's Ward" that had tattoos and liked to bungee jump cars. Anyway...he got turned into a ferret/rabbit/squirrel creature and he was helping us...being our guide, leading us to a place that was really red....flames and smoke and red rock....(the Eye of Mordor comes to mind) I think we were trying to break some sort of spell.... and me and another person got into a hot air balloon while others were trying to stop us by shooting missiles and such and our ferret friend almost died...but he survived!

- I was getting married. In my house...it was like a huge mansion...old mansion style house with many rooms and stairwells and such. My family had gathered preparing for the ceremony. It was all in the prestage stuff, where mothers were cooking, kids were screaming, blah blah blah. I caught a glimpse of the bride. She had long dark hair and was wearing a beautiful white dress. It went to the floor, and was bright white with long white sleeves and the neck kinda was scooped shaped. She looked pretty! Though I thought it was odd for her to have white sleeves...I liked it though. Anyway...I was having my doubts! I was getting married! Was this right?! Did I even know the guy?! I walked through the various rooms, halls, and stairs praying in my heart....Heavenly Father...is this right? Is this the right guy? And I had this happy feeling in my chest that it was right. :D
Then my husband to be swooped in and kissed me. His name was Ryan, and he had darker hair...brown/black and a nice smile. He was built along the lines of one of the LDSSA members. -Archi. I pulled away still feeling his kiss on my lips. It was nice. Comforting... energizing.

-There was some sort of party going on....
I was at my Cousin Jody's house for some celebration...actually she and her family lived in  one of the apartment complexes of this huge building. It reached for the sky. We climbed the stairs up to her place and let ourselves in....I was watching her kids...and playing with them...when one wanted to jump off the balcony into one of the sets of pools like five or six or...well a loong
my brother and I were with a group...of people, and we were facing off against these evil bad guy type people....it was like a game of capture the flag...but more violent. We would face off. My team on the street across from my house, the other team up the street across from the Gibb's place area.
We'd say that we were ready and then start running...
and the Garbage truck...we could hear it coming... would zoom into sight. Ready to chase us down.
It wasn't a typical garbage truck though. No...it was a yellow race car looking car....camero? one of the older models.
And we would have to run from the garbage truck -this yellow car- while the bad guys also ran at us trying to capture us.
Round after round, the garbage truck would come screaming around the corner where Walker's sat, and chase after us. And round after round, the bad guys would win. We'd get away from them...go back to our starting positions and go at it again.
And each round it got more and more violent and sometimes we wouldn't even make it back to our starting positions before they began the next round.
At one point the garbage truck came straight at me. I took a running leap....
and managed to jump over the car!
Sweet!
But the bad guys didn't like that.
They attacked us/me.
I fought them off. Biting, scratching kicking....
until they let go...
and we could go back to our starting positions.
I decided that I was going to talk to my teammates. To try and figure out a strategy so that we could win this and not let the bad guys get any more powerful...

when the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment