Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Parting of Ways

So for about a year now.
I've been participating in a writing group.
Held basically once a week.
With Kikay and two other individuals.
It's one of my favorite things to go to...
not always because I enjoy being critiqued.
But I have a motivation to actually sit down and write something.
I actually can write!
lol. It doesn't mean I write perfectly
-I have trouble with commas.... evil buggers. They multiply everywhere!
But I like having a 'deadline' that convinces me to write about two and a half pages every week.
 -that we meet.

Well...tonight. One of the other individuals decided to quit the group. :(

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this...
I mean....I've convinced Kikay time and time again to come to Writer's Group
-she's considered quitting a time or four as well.
And to have this other individual suddenly out of the blue announce that this is their last meeting.
:( It's....not a happy feeling.
I mean I can understand the reasoning behind it. -They're not writing, our writers group takes three hours for three people to be critiqued and having a writers group for four hours....
yah it's a bit much.
But I feel....almost betrayed. 
To suddenly be told that someone is leaving the group...without notice....it's a surprise.
Saddening
Disappointing.
But understandable....

I feel like we should have had advanced warning that this was going to happen. So that Kikay and I could throw a 'leaving party' or something....bring treats....show that we appreciate their effort they put into this group.
But as it was.... that didn't happen. :(
But I guess...Kikay and I had a...premonition of sorts? I don't know.
We had to clean up the apartment in preparation for cleaning checks. (hence why this post is written after 3am on the 23rd) so we decided that we wouldn't be critiqued today and would only critique Third's story today. I think that may have been a good thing. Because we got done earlier...when we were still awake (often our group meets until midnight)...
I don't know.
It's just weird to think that we're down to three....

I'm going to miss them. :( Even if I got annoyed with the nitpickiness of the critiques that were given. They also had great insights into our stories. Knowledgeable about the world in many different areas. They helped to improve our writing and critiquing abilities...

and now....we're down to three. :(

lol I think it's an unspoken fact that we're going to stick to the writer's group at least until Kikay and I finish the Third's story. :) But after that I don't know. :S
Will our writing group stay together?
I hope so.
Because otherwise...
I don't know when I'm going to ever write lol. ;)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment