Monday, June 24, 2013

April 1995 General Conference Sunday Morning

Thomas S. Monson -Mercy--The Divine Gift
  • At times a small mistake can fester and bring distress and heartache to him or her who harbors and dwells on the matter, leaving it uncorrected. All of us are subject to such an experience.
  • "He [who] cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass if he would ever reach heaven; for every one has need to be forgiven.
James E. Faust -Heirs to the Kingdom of God
  • He has magnified each calling he has received with great inspiration, intelligence, and energy in a remarkable way.
  • I have learned to admire, respect, and love the good people from every race, culture, and nation that I have been privileged to visit. in my experience, no race or class seems superior to any other in spirituality and faithfulness.
  • "Generally there is in man a divinity which strives to push him onward and upward. We believe that this power within him is the spirit that comes from God.
  • His spirit reaches out for God.
  • Having everyone hear the gospel in their own tongue requires great effort and resources. The Spirit, however, is a higher from of communication than language.
Joe J. Christensen -Marriage and the Great Plan of Happiness
  • Here are eight practical suggestions that, hopefully, may be of value in strengthening our marriages, now and in the future.
    • 1. Remember the central importance of your marriage.
    • 2. Pray for the success of your marriage.
    • 3. Listen.
    • 4. Avoid "ceaseless pinpricking."
    • 5. Keep your courtship alive.
    • 6. Be quick to say, "I'm sorry."
    • 7. Learn to live within your means.
    • 8. Be a true partner in home and family responsibilities.
Neal A. Maxwell -"Deny Yourselves of All Ungodliness"
  • While boulders surely block our way, loose gravel slows discipleship, too. Even a small stone can become a stumbling block.
  • In Proverbs, we read, "For the commandment is a lamp." Once darkened, a society loses its capacity to distinguish between right and wrong and the will to declare that some things are wrong per se. Without the lamp, our world finds itself desperately building temporary defenses, drawing new lines, and forever falling back, unwilling to confront. A society which permits anything will eventually lose everything!
  • Young parents know how a mere half cup of spilled milk seems to cover half the kitchen floor. Small sins spread like that, too.
Gordon B. Hinckley -This Is the Work of the Master
  • Love the children. They are very much the same the world over. Regardless of the color of their skin and of the circumstances in which they live, they carry with them a beauty that comes of innocence and of the fact that it was not long ago that they lived with their Father in Heaven.
  • Love the youth of the Church. I have said again and again that I think we have never had a better generation than this. How grateful I am for your integrity, for your ambition to train your minds and your hands to do good work, for your love for the word of the Lord, and for your desire to walk in paths of virtue and truth and goodness.
  • Have tremendous respect for fathers and mothers who are nurturing their children in light and truth, who have prayer in their homes, who spare the rod and govern with love, who look upon their little ones as their most valued assets to be protected, trained, and blessed.
  • Love the elderly who have faced into the storms of life and who, regardless of the force of the tempest, have gone forward and kept the faith.
  • The time has come for us to stand a little taller, to lift our eyes and stretch our minds to a greater comprehension and  understanding.
  • This is a season to be strong. It is a time to move forward with out hesitation, knowing well the meaning, the breadth, and the importance of our mission. It is a time to do what is right regardless of the consequences that might follow.
  • We have nothing to fear. God is at the helm. He will overrule for the good of this work. He will shower down blessings upon those who walk in obedience to His commandments.
Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I think I had a problem. I'm pretty sure that I had signed up for three classes. An Institute class, and then two sign language classes. Only, due to work on Tuesday nights, I'd forgotten about one of the ASL classes, and hadn't gone to a single one. It was a law sort of class where we had to defend our thoughts and point of view on paper and such. I entered the classroom to find a woman teaching. The desks were set up like a panel/court room. With two or three rows on raised benches of chairs on either side of the room and a walkway down the middle of it. I sat down trying to be unnoticed, but...got noticed. Everyone was happy to see me. -I'd been out of the picture for a while. And Dale -another ASL teacher, warned the class to look out for me, because I could kick anyone's trash. Or something like that. It was rather embarrassing, especially knowing that the class had already taken their final and were going over that...and I hadn't. There were only two more class periods after this one, and I didn't see how I'd manage to get a passing grade. Having seen the roll and making my X on the one day I'd shown up. After class I went after Dale to see if there was anything I could do to get my grade up, extra assignments or anything. He didn't think it would be possible. After all I'd missed almost all of the class. But he sent me to the woman teacher to see what she thought. She sent me up a telephone pole to grab a mason jar, only there was another guy...Hank...the guy who voices woody in Toy Story, he was trying to get it too. I don't know who managed to get the jar in the end, but I was suddenly with a group of missionaries, waiting to help them out on a service project. But there was this one guy. Short blonde hair, handsome figure. Totally knew that all the girls would swoon over him. He was totally not acting like a missionary should. Always chatting on his cell phone, laughing, being inconsiderate of others. Totally not impressing me and totally making me furious as he was giving our Church a bad image. Soo...I took him into the kitchen, and...well we fought. In the kitchen, into the backyard, around the place, and I finally got him into a strangle hold and very calmly told him that he was the visual image of our church and that he should straighten up his act I would do it for him. I released him and let him get back to work, and...he turned out better.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment