Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Switcharoo

Ah. Car, sweet, car.
Hmm doesn't work as well as home sweet home, does it?
Oh well. :)

In any case, it's good to have my car back.
What happened to it?
Well.....I happened to be driving home from work, and suddenly the "Check Engine Light" flashed on. :S
That. Cannot. Be. Good.
lol I was like ()_() COME ON! I WAS JUST DRIVING IT! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING CRAZY!
But on it came.
So I was like "Uh...parents...help? What do I do!"
They told me to go to this car place,
which I was going to do after work the next day...
Only the parents needed to come down to happy valley for some errands.
And they decided to switch cars with me.
So that they could take my car back home to get it checked out, and leave me a car that isn't giving me the orange light of doom. ;) lol.
They were really sweet for doing that.
Especially because I probably would have had no idea what sort of gobblygook the techs would spout off at me about what was wrong and what did need to be fixed, while my dad and brother totally can speak car...so they would be better off knowing exactly what was wrong.

I admit, it was odd driving a truck around.
I spent the next five days, paranoid I was going to hit something.
Seriously. The truck felt too long, and if I wasn't paying attention I would go into 'car' gear and think I had more room then I did because the cab didn't extend as far and I would forget that the 'bed of the truck' existed....Plus the thing was a halfway pain to parallel park in as it was longer then my car. Meaning I had to search for bigger parking spaces, and by pass the smaller ones my car could squeeze into.
But.
There was one big benefit to the truck.
AIR CONDITIONING!
Woot! lol
my poor car has been without AC for who knows how long.
So it was a bit of a surprise to get into a car and have cold air blow on me.
I didn't even need to roll down the windows to get a breeze!
Weirdness!

So what was wrong with my car?
A diaphragm problem that told the engine "HEY! I'M HAVING A MASSIVE GAS LEAK!"
-which it wasn't. Good thing too, that would have been scary to drive. :S
In any case.
That part wasn't in the store. :( They had to order it in.
So instead of having my car gone for like...two days...it was extended by another couple of days so they could get the part in the store to replace the one that wasn't working.
But today I got my car back!

All shiny on the outside, and dedustified on the inside!
Plus! A fun surprise!
My parents got my AC fixed as well!
Woot! They're awesome!
I can have cold air in my car too now!
YAY!!!
-apparently the techs found a loose valve that hadn't been tightened fully...so the cold might have leaked out all through that.
For now though. AC!! AC! AC!!

But back to the dust.
It's amazing how much of a difference the feel of the car has when everything is all...well. Bright. Shiny. Not covered in dust. I didn't realize how dingy it made the car feel. How it just brought down the whole atmosphere of the car to have it dusty/dirty/with garbage in it.
Now. In it's clean state.
It's like a brand new car!

....One that I obviously need to relearn how to drive lol.
As I gave my windshields a wonderful cleaner as I kept going up to the wheel to shift between Reverse, Drive, and Park.
-My car has these options to the side of the seat, while the truck had them up by the wheel.
*shakes head*
Amazing how five days can make a difference on your driving habits lol.
It will probably take me five days to get back in the habit of my car.

Yep, I'm a happy camper now. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment