Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Electronic Temptations

I gave in the other day.
I bought an Ebook.
Okay, not just one.
I bought two.

Normally. Ebooks aren't my thing. I mean...I love just holding the actual book in my hands, feeling the paper under my fingers, and Ebooks...are just kinda flat...and electronic.

I kinda avoid Ebooks as well...because if I can spend money electronically...what's to stop me? At least with buying a book I actually have to drive to the store and buy the thing, which can help prevent me from overspending. ;) lol

So why did I give in?

Two words.
Brandon Sanderson.

Amazing author.
Can't resist.
Any books.
By him.

He published one a bit ago. Called the Emperor's Soul.
It's a little novella.
And is actually available in book form. :D
Only....it's like $15
for...a 200 page book.

In my mind...that just doesn't work out.
If I want to spend a lot of money.
I want to have a lot of book to equal it out.
200 pages and $15
...sadly don't equal out. :(
So I waited.
Hopelessly hoping that the book would get less expensive.

It did in a way...just not the way I thought it would.
For earlier last month, Sanderson told his readers that The Emperor's Soul Ebook would only be $2.99 for the month.

Still....I sat on it.
Thinking.

And around the end of the month.
Like all good procrastinators out there.
I decided to look up the books I hadn't yet been able to read by him.
And found that indeed The Emperor's Soul was only 2.99 :D
Oooo
Then I found...another book of his that had somewhat intrigued me...was also 2.99.
Also by Brandon Sanderson it's titled Legion.
Hey...this is a pretty good deal. I thought to myself.
And as they're novellas....they're waaaaaayyy shorter than most of Sanderson's typical book lengths.

I haven't read a book of his that I hadn't liked yet.
That was the...last straw holding me back I suppose.
I like his books. Therefore.
I should buy them! :D
lol
So I bought Legion and The Emperor's Soul.
^^
he did not disappoint.

I've been immersed in Sanderson books since then. :) lol
It's amazing, I read three different books.
By the same author.
Yet...they were all different!

Heh. ;) You didn't misread that and I didn't mistype it either. :)
I said three.
You can't expect me to just read Ebooks from now on can you? lol
Sanderson also had a book book come out recently. The Rithmatist.
Having finished Legion and The Emperor's Soul, I went out and bought that as well. :( In book form. :)
Ahh....so good to have a paper filled book in my hands. ^^

In any case.
They were all awesome!
lol
I admit that the Novellas were a bit short. I wanted them to be expanded a bit more so I could read more of course! :) lol
The Emperor's Soul, I'm content with. I wish I could see a glimpse of like five years later and see what has changed, or stayed the same. It all sounds so promising.
Legion...by far has to be expanded! Sooo many glimpses of characters, but not enough space to actually get to meet them all. It feels like the middle of the story, and I totally want to know the background as well as what happens next.
The Rithmatist....is just fun. :) I enjoyed reading it, and like usual, there were twists and turns that surprised me.

All in all. Whatever form you like to read books in.
I highly recommend the three books mentioned above. :)
They're all different from each other, so there's something for everyone I would think. :)
And I like that. That it doesn't sound like the same story with different characters.
It's all unique. Told in different ways.
Ah. Love it! :)

Can't wait to read more Sanderson. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment