Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Can We Remake That?

It can be risky taking me out to dinner.
I mean if I've been to the place before, it's not so risky as I usually get about the same thing every time. But if I go to the place rarely, or haven't been before...well...then I don't know what to eat.
And so, I either go for the familiar...or what sounds good.
That's where the risk comes in.
For I may order something...but will I eat what I ordered? Will spending the money be worth it?

Well, while my parents and I were switching the cars around, we went out to dinner.
The place we picked was Village Inn. Most of the food is breakfast food. Which isn't a bad thing. I like breakfast food. I have it a lot for dinner. lol -I'm not much for making breakfast in the morning, I just grab what's already made.
In any case. I don't go to the Village Inn often. Which left me with 'what do I feel like eating and what looks good' choices.
I ended up choosing an Omelet with sausage, bacon, gravy, ham, cheese in it.
It also comes with onions, but I asked to not have that.

Unfortunately, when I got the omelet...they had put onions in.
So the odd crunchy bits I got, put me off. It didn't make the meal.
I contented myself with some of the hash browns and pancakes that came with it.
I had mentioned to my dad that they hadn't left out the onions,
so when the server came, my dad told him that the onions had been left in.
The poor server. He was immediately "Oh! Do you want me to have the chefs remake it?! We can do that, I don't mind."
lol I'm not one to make waves. So I told him it was fine, they didn't need to remake it.
-Besides the point, I don't think I could have eaten much of the new omelet anyways, and eggs aren't that tasty as leftovers.
He left. And I didn't think much more of it. I had hash browns and pancakes to content myself with.
Well...the..manager? I guess it was. I don't remember if there's a fancier term in the restaurant business. Came with a new bill.
She said that they had taken the cost of my meal off the ticket since they didn't want us to pay for something that they had made wrong and that I wasn't going to eat.
O.o Wow. I didn't expect that. I mean...I'm pretty sure my parents are used to me ordering food and not eating it. lol it's more of a surprise, actually, when I do eat everything on my plate. It's like the world exploded when I do that. ;) haha.
Yet, they took the price of the meal off, meaning that I basically got to eat for free...what little I did eat. :) lol

And...the manager asked me again...if there was anything they could get me instead.
I didn't want to keep saying that 'yes I was fine.' especially if they kept asking me. That usually means they want my experience to be a 'good' one, so they want me to eat food.
So in my shy way I asked "Could...I have a bowl of fruit?"
-It was one of the side dishes offered in a different meal combo, and I really wanted the fruit, but hadn't had the option.
The woman was like O.o "Just the bowl of fruit."
"Yes please."
Like I said, I don't like to make waves, and a bowl of fruit is a lot easier to prepare then a whole nother dinner meal that I would still not be able to eat all of it.
I think she expected me to ask for something more expensive.
Lucky me, I love fruit. ^^ And it was tasty fruit they gave me! :) Nom Nom Nom.
Strawberries, Cantaloupe, HoneyMelon, Grapes. All good. ^^ Ah. Satisfied.

:) Yay!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I'd just gotten home to the apartment, which was  a bit older and dingier. I was hungry, and so went to the fridge to grab some yogurt I'd bought earlier in the day. Only...it wasn't there. I turned to my roommate Whitney and asked her what had happened to it, and she said that she may have eaten it by accident. As she's the one who usually has yogurt, so she assumed that it had been hers. That was frustrating as that had been my money I'd spent on yogurt I'd wanted to eat, and now...she'd eaten it. I returned to the fridge to find something else to eat, and grabbed some crackers. Opening the package, I ate two or three, before picking one up and noticing that there were a couple mealworms on it. I brushed them off, and went to pick up another one, to find more meal worms. I opened the whole package and there were mealworms everywhere! I didn't understand it, the package hadn't even been opened yet...I thought. We ended up filling up a garbage bag a third of the way full with the bad food and creepy crawlies. My roommate, awkwardly balancing the bag in her hands volunteered to take the garbage bag down to the dumpster so it wouldn't sit in the hallway for a day before the people came to pick it up as the bugs could possibly eat their way out of the bag by that time. So she set off to take it to the dumpster. I turned away, and was suddenly riding a horse across the grassy green in front of a castle. A castle that my parents were supposed to have ruled, but this evil sorcerer -looking like jafar- had killed them, and was now ruling in their stead. He wanted me to marry him, but I refused, and basically tried to keep out of the lime light and let him forget about me, as I had no idea how to defeat him and take back my crown. I didn't even know if I wanted that crown, wanted to rule. As I rode my horse, my contingent of 'spy/followers' chased after me and so to get a bit of piece and quiet, I rode below a tree I'd used to always climb, and grabbing a branch swung myself up while my horse continued into the forest, with the crew following him. I climbed up the branchless tree -it was split into multiple trunks with real branches way above my head. I didn't have difficulty climbing it though as I'd used to climb this tree a thousand times -before my parents died, I hadn't been back since that point -and so I'd worn hollows and grooves into the tree that allowed me to reach my favorite spot. A flat area with trees all around that was almost six feet in diameter it seemed like. It was a big space. I hung out there for a bit, but somehow ended up back in town, where it was under attack by...some zombie like people wanting to get me. And these two guys, One big and beefy, the other small and skinny, were helping me to escape. We ended up trapped in a room with windows that pivoted horizontally. Even as skinny as I was. I wasn't sure I could slip out of it. But somehow me and the skinny guy managed. I'm not sure what the bigger guy did. I do know he escaped, but I don't think it was through the window. We raced back to my tree, desperate to figure out a way for me to defeat my 'intended husband' -Jafar -as now we were engaged to get married. But I didn't want to marry him, only he was corrupting the whole kingdom -everything was going red in color- and I didn't know what to do, but then I saw the lights. They were blue yellow lights. lights that had been created by my mother, where at night they would shine from twelve special objects that had had meaning, or been created to mark specific events. I'd seen all twelve before, but for some reason I decided to find them all. Strangely enough as I walked through the parking lot full of cars, I began to notice which objects shown. A wire statue, a car light, different things shown with that blue/yellow glow. I counted them as I went up the hill, though there were a couple I werent' sure had the light, I ended up with 13...so one of the objects I counted hadn't had the actual light I"d thought it had had. But anyways, at the top of the hill was...basically a wedding cake statue. It'd been there since I was a little kid, and I'd always thought that the two figures on top were of me and my future husband. But as I gazed at the figures, a third figure suddenly popped into view, -he looked like the dad from Anastasia- Jafar before he'd shown how evil he was. He was walking around posing for 'pictures' with his arm around my waist and such. Which made me wonder...who was the other figure. Well, when me and the other figure started moving, my perspective changed and I realized that it wasn't a guy standing with me, but a woman, wearing a crown with her hair pulled back. It was my mom. The two figures were meant to represent me and my mom. Shakily I picked up the mom figure and turned her around, to see a half torn note on the back. I searched the back of my figure, but didn't see the rest of the note. Returned to the mom figure and saw that the rest of it had fallen on a limb. Putting the pieces together, the note read along the lines "Remember always to look up." so I looked up past the figures to the box design of the 'cathedral' we'd been standing in. And noticed for the first time that each different colored box also had words on it. I pressed one, and suddenly all around the bottom objects appeared, clothes, medicines, favorite things of mine. My mom had gathered everything she thought I would need and had made this box to enclose it all in case she couldn't be there to help me. Her thoughtfulness touched me deeply and I found myself bawling. I had no idea how this would help me defeat Jafar, but...I really appreciated all the thought she'd put into looking after me...

then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment