Friday, June 7, 2013

So That's Where Our Money Went....

I didn't have a sliding glass door at my old apartment.
So I never thought about you know...opening it. I mean...I hardly opened the windows at my old place so why would I open a door onto a balcony?

Well. My roommates love to.
95% of the time when I come home, I look up to my floor and see...the door open.
And 95% of the time, nobody is home when I get up there.
Talk about a false sense of security my roomies have.
Of course we're like on the fourth floor.
But I still wouldn't purposely choose to leave it open.

I don't understand why my roomies like to do it.
Sure it can bring in a breeze. Sure it can allow you to hear what's going on below.
But. It can bring in the bugs! There is no SCREEN on this sliding glass door.
Leaving it open means that the bugs can come in and out as they please!
Honestly.
Shut the door!

It's even more irking when I come home, the glass door is open...and the AC is going full blast.
Right outside. (ding ding ding higher bills here they come!)

Did they not learn to shut things when the AC is going?
Apparently not.

*sighs*
I can't totally fault them though.
If you just do a quick glance to the door, it actually looks like it's shut.
When it's open..
That's how clear the glass is on the doors.
It's nice and clean and I can totally understand how birds would fly into windows. It looks like it's open....when it's not.

In any case...I think once my current set of roommates all move out...this 'leaving the door open' business will stop.

We'll have to see. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment