Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Work's Unraveling

Do you ever feel like there's a link pin in your work.
Where without a certain someone, the world seems to fall into disaster and chaos within a matter of hours?

Totally seems like that at work. For Reth is on Vaca this whole week.
And I kinda expected something to go wrong.
I mean...the boss of my department is away. Therefore, that's when everything goes wrong. That specific moment in time when you can't run to someone else for help.

And oddly enough it isn't just my department that's suffering.
Not that Reth is in the other departments or has any major role in them.
But things aren't going so well elsewhere.

A few coworkers called in sick.
One ended up somehow getting a concussion -haven't heard this story yet, as this coworker hasn't been back to work yet.
Leaving only one stocker to get everything that needed to be put on the shelves, on the shelves.
Which meant that stocker -a manager- had to pull our cleaning guy from his duties to help, them get the shelves filled which put him behind on his duties. 
Yet more coworkers call in sick leaving us short handed.
My partner in opening was two hours late to work, meaning that my department was still closed when the store opened. Everything still needed to be done as my duty of bedding changes was still in progress.
Then...the cats. All of them got sick. Sneezing, Diarrhea, which meant a big mess to clean up and a needed call to the shelter to come pick up the cats.
Which they didn't do. So I had to call them up again to say that the cats were getting worse, the next day. -They were having problems in their own area too. Those finally got picked up,
and then I had a ton of paperwork and duties that are usually Reth's to do, all while juggling telling my coworkers in my department what duties should be done during their shifts...

Yah crazy.
And I'm pretty sure it's because Reth isn't here.
I'm so looking forward to Reth's return as it's only mid week! Who knows what troubles we'll get into when the weekend comes. ;)

lol -okay honestly it's not that bad of a situation, everything got done and taken care of, just in a delayed manner, and enough people still made it to work that we could cover all the departments.

I just find it coincidental that it all happens while Reth is gone. :)
Ah the trials of work. :) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

A shop suddenly appeared on the corner. A new ice cream place where you could press buttons and get different shakes, ice cream, etc. I was fascinated by one that looked like an atomic bomb cloud in a glass. Every time I pushed it, a different flavor came out. I thought that this was a brilliant thing and wanted to open up the shop to let customers in. I turned to the mom and asked her if I could get permission to have an ice cream shop, and she said no. I asked why not. And she said, because nobody would come. People don't go out anymore. They don't buy stuff anymore. They go to work, they go home. End of story. Apparently I was in a post apocalyptic world where something happened so that society had diminished to the bare bones. There wasn't fun or hanging out. Just work. Work. Work. Oh, and school if you were school aged. I didn't this concept, and so I was trying to figure out how to get 'hanging out' back when....

the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment