Saturday, June 8, 2013

Trapped On The Wrong Side

I was late to work today.
No, it wasn't because I slept in. -which has happened before.
It was because Happy Valley....decided to run a marathon.

I got into my car like normal.
Headed for the Avenue....
and found that I was blocked.
By police and orange cones. And people were running on the street. Okay. marathon.
Which for me meant a big No go. So I turned to the right and went parallel.
Each street showed the same thing.
Orange cones.
And police cars.
Finally there was a place to turn left!
But before I got too far...I encountered more cones.
So I turned right again, and fell into the trap.
A dead end.
A ton of other cars fell into this trap to.
WE COULDN'T GET OUT!
So I had to back track.
I ended up going around the nearby University.
Hoping to end up on Parkway, and just cross straight over Avenue to Freedom.
I mean...surely they wouldn't block a main through fare.
....ha.
From what I saw...the police had blocked the road. And no cars were coming through.
Stuck again.
So I turned right again.
Going once more parallel to the Avenue.
Unable to find a way out.
AND NO STUPID DETOUR SIGNS IN SIGHT!!
Seriously...where were they? HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO GET TO WORK?!!?!? I had to cross Avenue at SOME point to get there.
I was over at like 2600 North or something.
And saw a sign "For The Marathon, go back to 300 South."
At first I thought that meant that I would get closer to it by continuing  North.
...Realized at some point that I wasn't going to hit a South going North. >.<
But by this point I was nearly to the canyon.
And had already wasted 20 minutes driving.
I wasn't going to turn around and head back to this mythical 300 South....to find it closed too. That would be another 20 minutes back that way...and then another twenty minutes to work if it was open and another like 40 minutes to work if it wasn't open.
Stubbornly I continued onward. 300 south couldn't be the ONLY way to cross the Avenue.
I mean, that would be a super LONG. OUT OF THE WAY. DETOUR!
By this point I was beginning to wonder if I could have actually crossed Avenue via Parkway. Had I assumed wrong? Too late now to wonder.
And then...I hit a police detour. They directed me to the West.
Good...as that meant I was now going towards work.
But bad...as the police told us to go that way....where was I going to end up now?
Well...at an intersection with more police.
At. you guessed it Avenue.
BUT! A big difference. The Cops were LETTING cars cross the road. YES!
So where did I end up?
Way over on Center in Happy Valley. By the Wynnsong.
From Center I drove up to State, and back to Parkway, where I finally made it to Main and then to work!
YAY!
But...I was 25 minutes late. -arrived 35 minutes after I left my apartment.
Because I wasn't aware there would be a marathon.
Because there weren't detour signs.
Because we couldn't cross Avenue!

Who's bright idea was it to close down the entire street! 
Especially AVENUE! It's LIKE SUPER BUSY!

Yah, I'm probably not the only unhappy commuter to work this morning.

Totally an experience of being on the wrong side of the tracks. *shakes head*

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

It was rather creepy this dream. We had a grandma with us. She...was sick, and wasn't doing well, and at one point I looked over and saw...that it was just a dried mummy looking thing. The skull was brown with dried skin pasted to it, and I felt, awful, Like we hadn't gotten to her in time. She had been ill and we hadn't managed to make her better, but things took a turn for weird. At one point I looked back, and she was still alive, but she'd lost her feet. They'd just ended in stumps. So she couldn't walk and we had to carry her around, and at times she looked more corpse like then other times. It was just freak all around as I didn't know how she would look the next time I looked at her.

And then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment