Sunday, June 2, 2013

Scrolling Through History

I wonder if other blog readers do this.
Do you guys do this?
You see, when I discover a new blog, I may read a few of the most recent posts first.
or a lot of them lol.
But if I decide I like what I'm reading,
then I tend to find my way up to the very first post they posted, and read from the first to the most recent posts.
It's something to distract me, as unfortunately most of the blogs I follow don't post multiple times a day to satisfy my need to read something bloggy. Hah. Most of the blogs don't post everyday in most cases.
But in any case. When I find a new blog, I read all the posts I can til I catch up to the present.
I find it rather interesting.
To see how writing styles change, how tones change, to see how worried people got over something only to have it turn out okay in the end.
In a way reading older blog posts is like reading a history book.
You see people's struggles and in most cases find out what happens to them in the end.
I think it's cool to see how they've grown from the problems in earlier posts, and how much in their life has changed while they blogged. People have gotten married, had multiple kids, many trials, it's fascinating to see all that can change in a two or three year period.

lol That leads me to wonder if any of you readers have done that to my blog?
Have you started from my first post and read all the way to the current one?
If you have, I must congratulate you, as that is a huge endeavor since I post nearly everyday of the year and we're getting to the three year mark. I mean this post will be the 965th post I've done. Crazy! I've done nearly a thousand posts!
And it's probably more crazy that some of you may have read soo many of those. :) lol.
Again congratulations if you have!
In any case, I wonder through those blog posts if you've seen things change. Or has it mostly stayed the same? In some I think you'll see me start specific concepts, and then switch to something else. But who knows. :)
All that really matters to me is that I still enjoy blogging.

Speaking of which, sorry I didn't get this post out on it's day -I have changed the time posted- as I ended up not feeling well last night, and staring at a white screen didn't help it. :(

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dichi

The Dream

Kikay and  I were preparing for our weddings. Yes. We were both getting married on the same day. Though Kikay would be getting married before me. Her wedding involved tones of a light blue turquoise color, and our parents were super excited that she was getting married, they'd gone through all the details and everything. I slipped on my own wedding dress in the stall of a bathroom. In my hands it was white and long, though some part of the center, maybe the back had see through lace with it. When I slipped it on over my head -difficult as the bathroom had low walls and the people working in their offices could see me, -apparently they don't trust each other- so I had to crouch down to put it on. It was long and form fitting and I felt beautiful in it, though I think it changed to a purple color as I remember the sleeves were a long flowey royal purple. But when I glanced at myself in the mirror the dress was more of a knee length thing with black embroidery on it. It looked a lot like a summer dress and I noted that after my wedding I could wear it again and nobody would realize it was a wedding dress. In the midst of preparations, I got a note...email? sent by my husband to be, Taylor, in it he'd written a list of how the rest of the day was going to go and what songs we were going to be dancing to that night. We'd walk down the isle to something along the lines of 'On Tokyo" while our song...well it reminded me of a Mario theme song. Just reading this list, I had the revelation...He doesn't know me at all. And I was furious that he would pick 'our song' without even asking me for an opinion, as I hated those songs. I told my parents about this, but the most they could do was shrug and say "well, you let them plan the wedding remember?" Apparently the parents planned Kikays', while my husband to be planned ours. I didn't like that. So, making up my mind, I threw a sort of poncho around my shoulders to hide my wedding dress, as I didn't want the groom to see it yet, went up to him and told him that I didn't want to get married to him. I didn't want to get married on the same day as my sister, and I didn't like feeling that this wasn't well thought out or planned out at all, it seemed like we were only doing it to do it and I wanted the moment to feel more special.
So I set out on my own adventure...ending up in a weird park place with lots of red rock and such. I was laying out on a ledge, when I saw this big water balloon over us. It suddenly dropped and the splash was a bit like an atomic bomb but water version, the flood of water reached the height I'd been hanging out an, barely covering me. I held my breathe and survived the flood, but decided that these water balloons couldn't be a good thing, so I went in search of my family, who were enjoying the park and all the rides. I had to go home briefly to change...trying to figure out what clothes and jewelry to put on, while fending off people who though our stuff neatly laid out on a blanket was for sell, and I had to quickly cover them saying 'no this is our stuff, we're not selling it.' hoping all the while that nobody had stolen anything important to us while we were out. I met up with the family in time to get another water balloon bomb.
Somehow we managed to solve the problem, and all met up years later in an old Antiques Shop reminiscent of Mr. Gold's. This boy stuck in a castle, one day, managed to walk out of magical prison -three years later- we'd thought him lost, but with him getting out came an unpleasant surprise, a wormhole tumbled out and in desperation one of us took the lock and threw it away, it landed in the street and opened up and a ton of people got sucked into the dangerous land we'd all escaped from, and who knew how many of them still survived. Unable to have those people on her conscious, Snow white went running after them intending to rescue them all, while prince charming was convincing her to stop. But..in the end they decided to brave that crazy world again and jumped...

then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D 

No comments:

Post a Comment