Friday, June 14, 2013

Surprise In The Back Room

It started with an aggressive fancy parakeet.
We'd placed her in the floor cages at work, while we were waiting for more parakeets to come in.
She's so aggressive...she's up for adoption. As she'll pick on other birds...unless she's in a huge aviary where the other birds can get away from her.
In any case. We had other fancy parakeets come in, and she hadn't got adopted out yet.
Therefore, I had to catch her, put her in a smaller cage, and move her to the back before bringing out the bigger cage in the back to the front, to put those parakeets in there.
-Yah, she definitely knows how to bite. I got smart and used a net to catch her to save my fingers.

But the story happens after this whole mini adventure of moving birds about.
For you see,
I took the cage into our back room to be cleaned.
Did stuff around the sink, looked down.
And saw something moving.

SNAKE!!
Was my first thought.

And then I actually comprehended what it was.
A Big.
Fancy.
Leopard.
Gecko.

The thing was gigantic compared to the ones I usually see about work!
Probably six or seven inches long.
-The ones we get in are usually 2, and can get up to 4 before I see them sold.

Not this guy.
He was big!
I just stared at it.
Watching it move.

It's definitely something you don't expect to see wandering around the back room.

Unfortunately my reaction to 'CATCH IT!'
was a bit too slow. By the time I moved to grab it, It had slipped underneath a steel network holding the fish tank system,
To not be caught.

Doesn't mean I didn't try to.
I did.
For a while.
-I'm stubborn like that.
I even saw it once more.
But again was too late with it.

Grr.
I want to catch it!
Now I'm going to be on the look out for it every time I go to the back.

lol. You may be asking yourself, 'why is there a lizard running around OUTSIDE of the reptile cages. and how is it surviving?'

Well, the second question is easier to answer then the first.
It's living off of loose crickets.
There are many of those around the store, as those buggers don't always cooperate when you're trying to put them into bags.

The first...is more difficult to answer.
I have no idea how he got out.
Generally Leopard Gecko's don't climb. And the cages are pretty secure.

All I do know is that a month or so ago, Reth had mentioned that we were missing a Fancy Leopard Gecko. One had disappeared.
We'd assumed that it just hadn't been sold right.
Turns out. It had escaped.
Again I don't know how.
My closest guess would be that somehow it escaped during bedding changes...but again, not likely. We'll probably never know how he got out.

In any case. Reth was super excited to hear that he's still alive and in the store, even if we didn't catch him.
But I will. Oh I will. Just you wait.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I dreamt that Beth was with me and a friend, which I thought was odd, as she'd left on her mission a couple of weeks ago. But it was more like she'd gotten permission to leave the MTC to go do something...

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment