Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Aching Eardrums

So a while ago we got radios at work.
The sort of walkie-talkie radio that you can use to communicate back and forth between each other so we can work together easier and such and don't have to spam our intercom with constant calls for the Manager or Of Customers needing assistance places.

Seriously, it's been quite the blessing having those radios.
We're able to coordinate quickly and easily.
Able to know if someone is coming up to back up, or inform someone else if there's a call they need to pick up or ask a question and get a quick answer for the customer.
It's been great.
And it's totally been useful in making everyone feel more like a team.

However,
There's been one major downside to these radios.
And it's the fact that there ISN'T A CONSISTENT VOLUME. 
Gah. 

One employee may speak into the mike and you can barely hear them.
But then the next employee (without you doing anything to change the volume) is suddenly yelling straight in your ear. 

And it's so frustrating. 
Because sometimes my coworkers talk so loudly that I literally can't think and flinch and have to pull the earpiece out of my ear or risk going deaf. 
While others...yah. I barely hear them. 

A lot of it is probably due to the placement of the microphone, as it's one that just clips to the shirt. 
and some people put it further away from their mouths than others.
While it could also be the loudness of the voice.

But I also think that the distance between you and your coworker also affects how loudly the sound in the radio.
If you're further away, they're more quiet.
If they're closer, they're more likely to be really loud.

*exhales*
So.
Frustrating.
Like there should be a way to counteract that somehow....because it tenses me up and gives me the slightest of headaches whenever I suddenly have NOISE explode in my ear. 
Literally my ear ached for hours today after work because I had so many of my coworkers speaking LOUDLY but I couldn't adjust the volume because there were coworkers who were speaking softly there too and I could barely hear them. 
*exhales* 

Definitely not fun. That. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment