Friday, December 8, 2017

Odd Yesterday

Earlier this week, I had a coworker ask me if I could cover their shift for them.
Which I usually can't do because I'm full time. And this week was no different because I was scheduled for my full set of hours. 
But there was the offer to switch me shifts. They'd work yesterday and I'd work today. 
However....I refused.
I just...felt....bad about the concept. Like dark and gloom and doom and such.
Like it didn't sit right with me the switching of shifts. And so I said that I couldn't. 

It was in the back of my mind the rest of the week though.
Should I have switched shifts?
Yet everytime I considered it...I still didn't have a good feeling about it. 
So I didn't. 

Which makes yesterday rather interesting.
Because yesterday was the day I could have switched. I could have had yesterday off and worked today.

You see....I was late to work yesterday.

Which I'm almost never late to work. 
But yesterday I was. By nearly an hour.
Why?
Because Wednesday I'd had a different shift from my usual one, and so I'd set my alarm on my phone to wake up in time to get to my Wednesday shift....and forgot to change it back to the normal alarm time for my Thursday shift. 

It was only hearing one of my roommates getting ready that woke me up.
Because I'm almost always the first one up.
So if someone was up before me....
That meant something was either wrong with them....or I was in trouble.
A glance at the clock showed I was in trouble. lol.
It was nearly half an hour past the time I should have been at work.

But it was weird.
Because...it's not like I was stressing about being late to work or anything.
I was really....calm about the whole thing. Like I wasn't stressing/freaking out. 
I was just...relaxed. Peaceful really.
Yes I was late to work, but I still made it to work. 

*shakes head* 

It's just interesting, because I felt sooo very strongly that I shouldn't switch shifts with my coworker...and yet I was late to work.
If I had switched shifts I wouldn't have been late to work, I would have had the day off....
But I didn't.

And I don't feel bad about not switching.
I don't feel bad about being late. 

*shrugs*
I guess I was supposed to be at work....just not on time.
Who knows, I may have gotten into an accident or something if I had managed to be on time to work. 

Life works out in mysterious ways. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment