Saturday, December 9, 2017

Unfinished Opening

It's the holiday season. 
The time of year where I end up running around like crazy at work because suddenly there's waaaaaayyy more people and still only just me trying to get things done.

Today was one of those days.
I knew it was going to be crazy when I walked in just before lunch time...and saw that my coworker was still trying to open up the department...in that they'd only accomplished like a third of the opening tasks by the time I came in. :S 

*exhales*

I'd like to say that together we were able to get the department opened quickly.

But that wasn't so.
You see...my coworker was out of my department right when I came on the clock.
Which meant...that it was up to me, by myself, to open up the rest of the department.

It was a simple list. 
Finish feeding the small pets.
Feed the birds.
Feed the reptiles.
Feed the fish.
Oh, and bag the crickets for customers to grab.

I'm pretty sure two hours passed.....
And I'd managed to finish feeding the small pets.
It was probably another hour before I managed to find the breathing room to feed the birds.

The reptiles...*exhales* I never got around to feeding actually. :S Thankfully though, they're fine to miss a day or so of food. So I wasn't too concerned. 

Fish...it was nearly dinner time before we managed to feed the fish. *shakes head*

And that's because it was just customer after customer after customer needing help.
Thankfully it wasn't in an overwhelming 'I'm being called seven places at once' sort of customer need. It's just once I was done helping one customer, another one would be waiting to get help.

Which made it difficult to break away to do the tasks I still needed to do. 
*exhales*
It also didn't help that there was a mini nuclear headache lurking the entire work shift. 

But hey....I survived. :) Yay!! :) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment