Friday, December 1, 2017

Soup Soup Soup

It was the sort of thing where I wasn't feeling the best yesterday.

Not really surprising to me because everyone around me (coworkers, family, roomies) have been getting sick.
So my chances of avoiding getting myself sick as well have been on the lower end of the spectrum.

Thankfully so far it seems to be pretty mellow. 
Sore throat, tight chest.
Both which are easily soothed with sleep and heat and liquids.
And come and go as they please.
So I go through waves of not feeling good and feeling good.

In any case.

Yesterday at work I was suffering a bit from the sore throat and tight chest.
And figured that as soon as I got off I would head over to my favorite Zupas and go grab my sickness cureall of Chicken Enchilada Chili to help soothe away the tightness in the chest and scratchiness of said throat.

I'd just clocked out.
And had entered the breakroom to grab my things so I could leave.
And noticed that my two managers were there.

One of whom was rather sick themselves.
Sicker than I was. They barely had a voice and sounded all congested and miserable.

So I was like. "Do you want me to bring you some soup?"
Because I was going to get soup and soup helps everyone feel better.

lol. It still caught me off guard when my manager actually said yes.
Because I offer stuff all the time, but it's rare for people to take me up on my offers.
Mostly because they don't think I'm serious. But I usually don't offer something unless I'm willing to do the thing.

But the way my manager said yes....they were pretty close to breaking into tears. Like. "Yes, please help me feel better. I need something to help me survive." 

It turns out the hadn't brought any food with them for lunch or anything.

So giving them something, or anything was basically a gift from heaven lol. 

The other manager was kinda surprised I was offering to grab soup. Like they even offered to chip in and pay for it.
And I was like...O.o It's just a $5 soup. I got it covered. lol. It wasn't a big deal to me to go grab soup for someone. Like...I often grab food for others when I'm already grabbing food for myself.

But the other manager was like "It's going to be out of your way."
"Nah, I was going to get myself some soup too so it's not a big deal." 

So after confirming that they were okay with me grabbing them Chicken Enchilada Chili as well, I left, went and grabbed soup for the both of us, and returned to give my manager their soup.

And again, they were so grateful. So very grateful. ^^;;;
It was a warm feeling for sure to be able to help out.

lol. I hope the soup helped them to survive their shift at work and that they can get the rest they need to get better faster. :) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment