Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Clouded Glass

Okay, it's no secret that I really don't like driving in rain.
I mean...the roads get wet and all reflective and it makes it difficult to see the lines...
And yah I don't like it.

But a close second to weather I don't like to drive in...
Would be fog. 

And guess what I woke up to this morning?
A very thick, twilight zone esque fog that shrouded the world in misty darkness. 

A misty darkness that I didn't think would be bad to drive in....
But it was.

It's the second time this month...that it's happened to me.

You see it's been cold.
Winter and all that you know.
And I had had a layer of ice/frost that I needed to scrape off my windshield before I could go anywhere. 

And I figured, scrape off the ice, turn the heat up on the defroster....
And I'd be fine.

It wasn't...fine. 

You see. 
Fog is evil.
Because fog likes to hit your windshield...
And suddenly ice it all back up again in the blink of an eye.
So one moment you're driving in foggy twilight zone.
And the next second your confronted with a shield of white.

Seriously.
Scariest thing ever.
The only part of my windshield that hadn't frosted over was like a two inch gap at the bottom of the glass. -Where the heat was radiating up.

And I was in a part of the road where I couldn't really pull over and stop....
And also a part of the road where if I went off road....there would be a rather unpleasant drop. :S AHHHH

Thankfully, I turned up the heat, and used the windshield wiper fluid to spray my windshield so that I could quickly clear the ice away and see again. 
Such a sigh of relief really.
Because on occasion trying to use the fluid to clear the windshield only makes it worse...thankfully this time it helped rather than hindered. 

And I was able to make safely to work!!! Woot!! Even though there were points where I could barely see six feet in front of me. :S 

*shakes head*
At least I did better than other cars this morning....
A couple of coworkers showed me a news story where another driver hadn't bothered to clear off their windshield when they left their home this morning. (WHICH WHY WOULD YOU NOT DO THAT?! YOU NEED TO SEE!) 
And they'd ended up hitting the median, ruptured their fuel line...and the sparks caused a fire...and well...the driver now doesn't have a car. :S 
(No one was hurt, thankfully) 
All because they couldn't spare two minutes to clear off their windshield. *shakes head* 

Yah...
Fog....while pretty and ethereal, is definitely one of those weather things that I'm growing to dislike driving in. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment