Saturday, December 30, 2017

A Mind Blank

I had a mind blank at work today.
Which was so weird.
Because there was literally no reason for me to have said mind blank. 
But I did. 

The situation was that I was helping a customer out in that they wanted to return some of their fish that had died and get their money back.
Only they'd forgotten their receipt. 
So I looked up the receipt on our Ipad and found it and then since the customer just wanted the money back, I took them up to an open register to do that.

And that's when I was confronted with my problem.
I went to type in my ID to log into the register.
And I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was. O.o 
Which is crazy.
I mean after 5 years of being at Starsmet it's not like I haven't used my number hundreds of times to log in. 

Yet. I literally could not remember it for a couple of minutes. 
And when I finally did....
I was confronted with the second problem.
I couldn't remember my password.
Again, a password that hasn't changed in 5 years. *shakes head*

That took me a little longer to get.

But finally!
I was able to log into the register and do the return. lol. 

Honestly. I don't know why my mind went blank.
Perhaps it's now so ingrained in me that when I actively was like "Okay what's my number and password" my brain felt like it was under too much pressure and promptly couldn't recall the info. 

Who knows.
Weird that it happened though.
Like I'm pretty sure I'd used it earlier in the day...
So weird. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment