Sunday, December 31, 2017

End of Year

Another year draws to a close. 
A new year hovers, ready to begin.

It's been quite the year really. So much has happened. So much has changed, yet at the same time, a lot has stayed the same.

But there was one thing that changed this year.
And that...that was my ability to write.

For the first time like....ever.
I actually have written and finished stories. 

More than one! Like. I have a half dozen of fics that I've written and posted and it's....like the best feeling ever.
For the first time, I have a sense of accomplishment.
For the first time I actually feel like a can truthfully tell people. "I'm a writer." 

Because before this year, writing stories had always been an ideal. A dream. A hope. 
I would jot down ideas, concepts, scenes, plots into notebook after notebook....
And not do a thing with it afterwards.

But upon taking a leap of faith, and venturing out to write fanfiction. 
It's been like a whole new world has opened up.

I have plots. I have stories. I have tons of notes still.
But now. Now I feel like I can slowly chip away at them.
Take on those ideas and actually write them out. Do them. Finish them.

And it's just...the best feeling ever. 
I can write. I'm a writer.
And it's ah. Such a glorious heady sense of accomplishment. ^^;; 

I can't wait for the new year to start.
So that I may continue to grow. That I can continue to write.
That I can continue realizing my dreams one story at a time.


Happy New Years Everyone!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment