Tuesday, August 20, 2019

A Rude Message

*exhales*
I hate getting...stressful news in the morning.
Because like I've just woken up.
I'm ready to have a 'good' day.
And getting any sort of messages or notes that are less than....good....is stressful.
And often causes me to get a headache.

So yesterday I finished posting my 11 chapter fic right?

Well part of the posting process is 'tagging' people to let them know that you've posted the next chapter in the story.
And with Tumblr...that can be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but overall it works. 
The process of tagging is relatively simple.
You just put the '@' symbol and then type in the person's username and walla. They're tagged!

But with this particular story.
The taglist got super long.
Like it would take me 15-20 minutes if not longer to tag everyone on that list. 

But as a people pleaser I went a head and spent the time tagging everyone to make sure everyone was notified. 
Which I have done for every single chapter.
And also have adjusted through posting each chapter to ensure everyone still got notified on said chapter. 

And this morning.
I wake up to this message in my inbox of
"I loved the story but I wished you would have used the taglist so I could have read it as soon as it was posted." 

Like.
What?
WHAT?
What do you mean "would have used the taglist?"
ARE YOU FREAKING BLIND?
I USED THAT TAGLIST
I SPENT A GOOD TWENTY MINUTES TYPING OUT THAT TAGLIST.
And upon double checking said list, did confirm that the individual was on the list and that I had tagged them.

So like. What do you mean?! 
Like are you BLIND?
I clearly stated at the end of the chapter that I would be reblogging the taglist -because the taglist had gotten so long that people would only get tagged if I put the list in a reblog for whatever glitchy reason. 

And I knew other people had been notified because they were getting results.

So like. The gall.
the selfish selfcentered gall to think that I didn't do the freaking work to get that taglist out to people so that they would be notified. 

Nope nope nope.
Oh I was mad.
Upset with this person because like....even if the website messed up and didn't notify people -which happened in early chapters until I 'fixed' it.- I had made it clear numerous times that chapters would be posted on Mondays and Thursdays.
And I was consistent in that posting schedule. It might have been late in the evening by the time I finally got a chapter out, but by golly there was a chapter out every Monday AND Thursday.
So like you could have always checked my website if you didn't get a notification to see if I had posted the chapter yet.

But noooo I 'didn't use a taglist' because they didn't get a notification. XP 
Like put a little effort into it?
Besides. I know it worked. The tagging system worked because multiple people commented that they had been tagged. 
Soooo it's probably the other person's fault they didn't receive the notification. Whether they don't have emails hooked up to the site to get notified, or if it's a glitch on their end.

But yah.
I am still not happy, hours later, about how the reader stated that.

Like I've gotten messages before about issues with notifications. But none so passive aggressive and outright rude as this.
I didn't like it.
Though I did manage to stay pretty 'calm' in my response to them.
*exhales*

Not. Happy.
But hopefully it doesn't happen again.
And since the chapter is posted I don't have to worry about that particular taglist again until I decide to write and post a sequel I suppose. ^^;; lol. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment