Friday, August 2, 2019

New FISH

So last year, about this time of year, our store started a new program where you could earn points every time you made a purchase. 
And with those points you could then redeem them to get discounts off of future purchases.

And I...I had accumulated over the past year a good $20.00 worth of points I could redeem. 

The main thing though, with this points is that they're only good for a year.
So they can expire.

Only I don't know if they all expire at once with the passing of that year mark....or as individual points earned will vanish each time the date they were earned passes the year mark.

In any case.
I didn't want to lose that $20.00 worth of points and I had no idea just when the year mark would pass for me.

So I decided to use them yesterday.
And buy myself more fish for my tank!

Specifically the Glofish because those things are expensive and I was down to just one in my tank after this most recent die off. :( 

And it just so happened that the glofish were also on a 'buy 3 get 1 free" sale.
So I ended up getting eight glofish to spruce up my tank, plus a gold panda molly I liked the design of, and an awesome looking fire toned betta too. :D 

Which meant a grand total of 10 new fish for my tank.
Not a huge amount considering that it's a 125 gallon tank.

But still alot of fish.
Like $80 worth of fish and with my points and discount and the sale....I managed to save a little over half of that. So yay me! Ha!!

In any case.
I was quite happy with the ten fish in my tank.

And with the current sale on fish ending this weekend. 
I was planning to wait until like Monday or longer to see what the new fish sales were (hopefully something different that Cichlids and Glofish as that's been the ONLY sale SINCE OCTOBER) GAH. 

But then this evening.
My brother called.

And asked me if I wanted some fish.

As My Sister-In-Law had had a fish tank at work that they'd taken down today because her work no longer wanted to deal with the maintenance there.

Which makes sense. Because for whatever reason their tank always looked....well bad. Dirty. 
I have no idea why their tank always looked bad.
Because from what I've been told, they did all the normal things that one needed to do to keep the tank clean.

It just wouldn't stay clean. *exhales* 

And now my sibs had this large tank and large fish on their hands....that they needed to find a home for.

They had 3 comet goldfish that are basically full grown, 1 medium sized Oranda, and 8 black tetras with one gold tetra. 

So like 13 fish.

I was a little hesitant.
As that's a lot of fish.
And goldfish are MESSY.
And adding four more into my tank....I had concerns. 

Plus I'd already added in 10 fish Yesterday.

So having like 23 total fish added to my tank. :S 

*exhales*

I said yes.
Which :D :D :D
The new fish are soooo happy to be in such a clean and large tank. XD lol. 
My sibs say that the fish are so much more active and perky than they had been in their old home.
So yay!

Now though....

I just need to keep an eye on them.
And make sure everyone stays healthy.

Because the last thing I need is another die off.

Not after I spent so long getting the tank back into a healthy state with that major water change and total redecoration of the plants.

-Which good thing I went a bit more minimalistic because otherwise the goldfish wouldn't have had nearly as much room to swim around lol. 

Soo *fingers crossed* That everyone stays happy and healthy. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment