Saturday, August 24, 2019

Cleaning Cleaning Cleaning

I ended up cleaning out 4 of my 5 betta tanks today.
One I took down completely because I'm looking to decrease the amount of tanks I have for bettas.
-Plus the filter stopped working and I'd already moved the fish to other tanks.

Two of remaining four I ended up doing a deep clean out of.
As I was switching out the rocks in favor of sand and also getting rid of all the empty snail shells within those two tanks before adding in more snails to help keep the tank clean. 

The third tank I just switched out cartridges and added snails to them.

And the last tank, had a betta in it that's been lethargic for the past few days.
And upon looking closer at the filter, I decided that if it was working...it was barely working, so I'd bought a replacement filter to put into the tank in hopes that it would help perk up my betta.
I also added snails to this tank...and a couple of guppies.
Because I was hoping that maybe the presence of other fish in the tank would stir my betta into being more active.
The two guppies -pretty cobra ones with black tails are doing fine in that tank. Swimming all over the place.
Poor Mr. Betta isn't being that active. 
And I'm not sure why. *exhales* 

Hopefully with a water change, new filter, and some buddies in his tank this betta will perk up, but we'll see. 

In any case.
I'm now down to four betta tanks (and my 125 gallon tank), all which are looking nice and clean and healthy now. So yay! :D 

Glad I was able to get the energy to do that today. ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment