Thursday, July 9, 2020

A Hint at the Past

I had a customer come into the store today looking to get fish.
And mentioned that they had worked here in this very store back when it first started.

And how they used to fight our fish system on a daily basis to get it working properly and how the fish wall used to extend much further down the side of the store than it does currently.

As we used to carry saltwater fish too.
And I can only imagine what a pain it was to clean so many fish tanks.
Like it's already a pain to clean the ones we still have.
To have like twice as many? Maybe even triple as many? Yikes.

Still.
It's so odd to think of people who worked in the store before I did.

Makes me wonder just what sort of crazy shenanigans the original workers got into.
Like how many of the original workers knew what they were doing with animals?
Did they have a lot of experience? A little?
What various creatures did they have to work with?
What issues did they encounter?

Like we've had a bit of change in the handful of years I've been here. 
I can only imagine what happened before me.

So weird.
I wonder if old workers come by the store and see just how much has changed....
But I also wonder what has stayed exactly the same.

Like the fish system itself I'm pretty sure is the same one they had since the store first started....
But who knows for sure.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment