Saturday, July 4, 2020

The Drive

It's crazy how far we can travel in a short amount of time. 
Like how you can drive for three hours and be in a totally different state. 

Can you imagine how boggled our ancestors minds would be knowing that the journey that could take them months to travel via horse or cart or walking can now be made in a matter of hours?

It's just like...so cool.

My Daddoo and I drove up to Mother Dearest's hometown today.
As her side of the family was holding their annual family reunion. 
And we wanted to drive up to be there in support.

At the same time.
Her side of the family always holds their reunion over the 4th of July weekend (if the 4th of july takes place near a weekend) and that often means that I end up celebrating my birthday up there instead of at home. 

And this year I didn't want to do that.
Plus with the added concern of the pandemic...we weren't sure if the reunion would be held...or what hotels would be available...or what would be open. 

Since we were close only a few hours away.
We decided to just do a day trip this time around.
Drive up. Be at the reunion. And then Drive down in the same day.

Not my favorite method of travel. As I do prefer to stay places longer, especially when they're a state away. So there's no pressure to leave. There's time to enjoy family and spend time doing more beyond the reunion. 

But with an early morning drive, we were able to spend around five hours socializing and catching up with mother dearest's family. My aunts/uncles/cousins.
And it was fun!
I'm glad we were able to gather together.
And that we could take the time to drive up and down.

It's amazing. Amazing how technology allows us to drive far distances quickly enough that we can be hundreds of miles away and then back home within hours. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment