Monday, July 6, 2020

A Jump Start

The problem with writing...is that sometimes you can overthink things.
Over think them to the point where you kinda just block yourself up.
Where the worries and the fears prevent you from just writing the story you know you can write and can see an ending to. 

But coming back to old projects?
You come back to the old fears.
To the worries.
To the nagging thought that you could be working on this older project...but what about this even older project that isn't finished either?

It's stressful.
And makes it difficult to want to start new projects when you have the old unfinished works hanging over your head.

Yet.
I wondered if getting a jump start.
Writing a new story with 'fresh blood' could spur me to get over the blocks I have with older wips.

So I took the leap.
And started a new project.
And managed to finish it.

Which was a relief.
To finally finish something.
To have enough energy and brain power to finish something.
As work has completely drained me creatively with it's evening shifts. 

So it's been nice.
To feel the drive again. To create. To write.

I can only hope to keep it as I get back to work this week.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment