Sunday, July 26, 2020

Back to Church

My roomies and I went back to church for the first time today.
First time since March.

As my stake..ward? Has been a bit slower on the uptake when it comes to holding church again.
Like I think my Daddoo's ward started meeting back in May? Maybe even the end of April. Who knows. 

So it's kinda crazy that it's near the end of July and I'm going back to church for the first time.

I mean, technically it could have been last week....but in order to keep social distancing standards our ward needed to be divided into two groups. And my group was picked to meet this week instead of last week.

I think my roomies and I were both feeling a bit of trepidation about going back.
Because like...we weren't sure what to expect. How this was all going to go.

But overall, it went well going back to church.
Everyone wore masks.
Most everyone social distanced.

...Though there were a couple of people who apparently didn't realize that social distancing extends both forward and back and not just side to side.
Because they decided to sit in the row right behind me and my roomies.
And sat literally right behind us. 

Like...guys...that's not six feet.
And that row was blocked off as a 'do not sit' zone.

*exhales*
So that was kinda tense.
Like we were only meeting for 45 minutes. And they were wearing masks. So I tried to just let it go.
And tried to not get tense from feeling them being right behind me.

*exhales*
But otherwise the service went well.

We didn't sing any songs. The pianist would play the hymns, but we'd just read them silently on our phones.

And the sacrament was passed where they put a piece of bread into individual cups. And had a second tray where you'd place the trash in.
They also had more of a distance between the cups and such for both the bread and the water to keep you from touching other cups.

So all in all they were really careful to make sure things stayed clean.

And the meeting was short. Just one speaker after the sacrament.

And overall....
Besides the people sitting right behind us.

It was a rather positive experience.

I'm glad that precautions are being taken to keep us safe.
Though next time I go in a couple of weeks, I may have the roomies and I sit somewhere where we can ensure that no one can accidentally break the social distancing and sit behind us.

Still.
It was nice to meet up. Albeit briefly. And feel the spirit and such.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment