Saturday, July 11, 2020

Time Crawling By

One thing I like about my job is that time usually passes pretty quickly.
Spending eight hours a day at the store...it doesn't always feel like it's so long.

However.
On occasion, there are days where time just seems to crawl on by. 
And it feels like hours have passed...when it's only been a few minutes.
Usually it happens on days when all the tasks have been completed...leaving me to just wait for customers to come in needing help.

Today was such a day.

Which was weird.
That time was moving so slowly.
Because like...I still had plenty to do and we had plenty of customers needing help.

But I'm guessing that my 'time clock' for how long I'm at work got kinda skewed....

Mostly because I was asked to be on register for the first half hour to an hour of my shift.

It was so I could cover our cashier's lunch...
And then it was to deal with a rush after that.

But I'm guessing that bit of time on the register just messed with my internal clock.

Because after that point it felt like time was crawling by.

Like two or three hours should have passed.
And it was only an hour.
Then two or three hours later....only another hour had passed by.

It was like the shift that would never end. 

I mean, I had tasks that kept me busy. I had customers that needed help.

But time was crawling by.

So.
Very.
Slowly.

It was driving me crazy. Gah.

Of all days for time to be slow....
Today was not a good day for it.
Especially when I had to basically spend all day at work. XP Bleh. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment