Monday, July 27, 2020

Do. Not. Touch.

I had another one of those customers today.
Who made it appear like they were only going to get like two or three fish.
But then after every fish I caught, kept adding in more fish that they wanted.

Which again, is frustrating when I'm trying to help the customer as quickly as possible and they keep prolonging the process.

Like. I saw the customer looking at our small koi. And figured they wanted just some small koi.
But before pointing out any small koi the customer moved to our butterfly koi tank and told me the two fish that they wanted out of there.

So I caught those two fish.
And the customer was like "Okay, now I want these two fish in this tank." Which was the small koi tank.
So I figured that that would be the last of the fish.

But nope.
It wasn't a simple process at all.
Because the customer wanted a 'silver koi' that was in the tank.
But after I caught the one the customer had pointed to.
The customer was like "No! That's not the one I wanted!"
But I hadn't looked away from the fish and that was the only 'silver' koi in the tank.

But apparently the customer hadn't like the darker ridge that had 'appeared' on the back of the koi.
Which it really could have just been like a stress response, or the lighting in the tank made the darker ridge appear lighter...who knew.
But the customer was certain that wasn't the fish that they wanted.
Even though they couldn't find any other silver fish in the tank after I caught that one.

So they told me to put back the silver one and catch a different white koi.

Which was easy enough to do.

But then the customer wanted two of our medium sized koi as well.

And by this point I was thinking they were done.

Nope.
While I was grabbing bags to prepare to put the fish in, the customer proceeded to move the nets covering the containers on the fish --as the koi have been known to jump out so I cover the container with the net to prevent that from happening.
And then the customer, after lifting the net, proceeded to touch and lift up the container that the koi were in to look at them more closely.

*exhales*
Like in general I don't like having customer touch our stuff.
But even more so in a pandemic.
Like there's this general "Do Not Touch Things" Rule out there.
Because the virus can travel via touch contamination and such.

So like it's best to not touch things that you're not intending to keep and take home with you.

And those containers, are definitely not a 'take home' sort of container.
And I was like "For your safety, please don't touch that." 
And the customer was like: "Okay." ...and proceeded to keep touching the nets and the containers holding their koi before deciding that they wanted yet another two butterfly koi.
Before AGAIN touching the containers and the nets.

Like.
Dearest Customer. I don't know where your grubby grimy little hands have been.
DO NOT TOUCH OUR STUFF.

So yah.
As soon as I was done bagging up the customer's fish I had to go sanitize both the nets and the containers so I could ensure my own safety with continuing to use them.

And yah...
It was just an irritating experience.

I mean, I get it.
People love to touch things.
This customer was quite happy to press their finger against the glass multiple times in order to point out which fish they wanted.

But like.
Don't.
Don't touch things.
Not at this time. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment